Epilouge

• • •
||10 Years later||
• • •

My name is Ryan, and I teach at an elementary school. Grade 3 to be exact. Everything was perfect. I forgot about Percy and Annabeth, and even tried forgetting about what it "could've been", but that would never happen and I was okay with that.
• • •

"Hi, welcome to the Third Grade! What's your name?" I asked a little girl with curly black hair and gray eyes.

"My name's Silena," She said as her eyes looked around the room.

"Well Silena I'm Mr. Coleman. You can go over to the front board to see where you'll be seating."

"Ok," the little girl smiled and ran to the front of the room, but as she did, I noticed a scar running from the corner of her left eye to her jaw. Must've been some sort of accident I guess.

• • •
|| End of the day||
• • •

I stood outside in the sun, watching Silena run around with Will, a little boy who was her best friend, when a gray car pulled up to the curb. Out stepped a woman, who could've been no older than me, with blonde hair and gray eyes.

Must be Silena's mom.

Silena saw the lady and ran toward her, arms stretched out. The lady took in Silena in a hug, then went over to me.

A feeling of déjà vu rushed over me as I remembered her. Gray, calculating eyes, blonde curly hair, intimidating stare. This lady was none other than Annabeth Chase.

"Annabeth? Annabeth Chase?" I called to her as I walked toward her.

She looked around and saw me, "Ryan! Is that you?"

I smiled. It seems as though this 'Percy' guy had left her if she had looked at me calling her Chase. What a complete jerk. I would never leave Annabeth with a kid.

"Yeah, it's me," I said, "I decided to teach Third Grade Science. It's really my calling."

"Well that's great! I'm really happy for you Ryan," Annabeth said.

"Thanks, and I here AA Architecture is doing great!" I told her, "Although, I do have a question: What does the 'AA' stand for?"

"Annabeth, Athena," She said.

Makes sense. She was always into Greek Mythology.

"So how have you been?" I asked, "With Silena?"

Her eyes lite up at the mention of her daughter's name, "Oh, Silena is great! I'm doing my best to try and give her a normal childhood, but under these circumstances... That's just not possible."

Of course it's not. The poor girl probably doesn't have a father.

Just then, a green car pulled up next to Annabeth's and out popped a tall, tan guy with black hair. I recognized him from TV. His name had to be Percy Jackson, the Olympic Swimmer.

Silena ran as fast as she could toward him, followed by Will as he shouted, "Uncle Percy! Uncle Percy!"

"Oh, is this the kids' uncle?" I asked. I knew that Silena and Will Grace were cousins.

"Oh, he's Will's uncle. But he's my husbands and Silena's father," Annabeth said.

Of course.

Percy smiled and hugged Silena and gave Will high-fives. He then came to approach me. Or Annabeth.

He hugged Annabeth, "Hey Wise Girl, sorry I'm late."

I forgot about those nicknames.

Annabeth laughed, "It's fine Seaweed Brain. But you remember Ryan, right? He's an old college friend of mine."

Percy's eyebrows scrunched together, "Not that I remember... But hi! I'm Silena and Luke's dad."

"Luke?" I asked.

"Oh, he's a year below Silena, maybe you'll have him next year!" Percy exclaimed.

"Oh, Seaweed Brain! We've got to go, we don't want to miss Hazel's baby shower," Annabeth said looking at her watch.

And with that I watched the happy family take their nephew, Will, and their children, Silena, and Luke to their house.

And once again, it's just me.

Hope you enjoyed the Epilogue!
~Cinder