Bellatrix Lestrange (née Black)

I'm back again! This chapter wasn't as long as I intended it to be, but I can't find anything else to put in so I thought I'd post it anyway. Hope you like it, and enjoy your weekend! Also please keep giving me suggestions, I'm running out of ideas. :D

Chaos began to stir in The Black Mansion as the family began to wake up from their slumbers and make their way down to breakfast. Elves worked, magic soared and tummies grumbled when everyone sat at the breakfast table, all eager to poshly scrabble up whatever the house elves had decided to give them this morning. Well, everyone except Bellatrix. While everyone sat waiting for breakfast, Bellatrix was, conveniently, laid next to a pile of her own mess - her own completely natural mess, but still a mess. There was not one dot of white on the sheet where her backside had laid, instead replaced with blood - and not just any blood, this was menstrual blood.

Bella didn't know exactly what was happening, but she'd 'accidentally' gone through her mother's private books to know at least a little bit. What she didn't know was how she was supposed to deal with this, and she was not going to go to her mother about this - not now, not in a million years, not ever. But since she was the eldest and her 12 + 10-year-old sisters definitely didn't have theirs, that left her father. Sure, Bellatrix was close with her father, but not that close - not close enough to tell him she started her period anyway. It wasn't exactly like she had any other choice, though she couldn't think much more about it when a knock was at the door. The maid! Of course, how could she forget?

The door opened slightly, revealing a slim woman with the same silky-black hair that her mother possessed. "Morning, Trixie. How are you lovely?" The woman asked, smiling at her gently.

"Morning, Sheila. I'm good I suppose." Bella took a deep breath, and when Sheila started to leave and enter the en-suite bathroom, she said, "Actually Sheila, can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, love. Ask away." Sheila gently placed the laundry basket she was holding on the dresser, before moving to sit next to Bella in her place on the bed. Bella's heart beat wildly with a new kind of nerves she'd never really felt before, "Well, I um- started bleeding, this morning. And I don't really want to tell mother." The older woman's face went from concern to relief, letting out a soft sigh to go with it, "Oh right, lovely. Has your mother ever told you about getting your period?" Bella just shook her head, there was nothing more to say either way. She could see the slight anger that showed on Sheila's face when she saw that shake, and it made her wonder for the first time if that was normal. "That's okay, hun. Let's get you cleaned up and then I can answer any questions you have." She guided her into the en-suite bathroom, then gave her a towel and told her how it worked. It all seemed alien to her. She was 14 for merlin's sake, she should know this!

After putting the 'garment' on, Bella and Sheila exited the bathroom, sitting in the same spot on the bed and continuing conversation as if they hadn't had any interruptions whatsoever. "Alright. Got any questions, Belle? I won't judge you." Sheila spoke, and at that moment, Bella seemed to crack. Her eyes turned slightly teary, and she looked up with puppy eyes at her maid. "You promise?" Sheila's eyes also turned slightly teary, and she took ahold of Bella's hand to reassure her, "I promise."

They spent the rest of the morning talking about boys, periods and family pressures together, each having their own little story to share. They cuddled into each other, too - it made her feel as though the mother she'd always deserved was finally coming to claim her again. It made a warm fuzzy ball well up inside, and she loved it. Maybe this whole 'being a woman' thing wasn't so bad after all.