Chapter One

Hwa-young's dark eyes fluttered open to the sound of her ringtone. The song 'My Pace' by Stray kids played through her cluttered room. It was Hwa-Young's favorite song so it only made sense it was her ringtone. Slowly, she sat up and picked up her phone, finding it was Ha-Yoon who had called her, just like everyday. She pressed on the answer button and bought the phone to her ear while she slipped out of her comfortable bed "Fuck you" she spoke into the phone "Fuck you, Choi Ha-yoon"

"You're so dramatic" Ha-yoon chuckled. The sound of her feet moving being picked up by the phone

"No i'm not....." She yawned "I just want you to get eaten by zombies" she shrugged, placing her phone on her desk and reaching for her folded uniform

"All because i woke you up for school" Ha-yoon sighed

"Yes, screw you" Hwa-young nodded, buttoning her white shirt up "School sucks so therefore you suck"

"Oh shush" Ha-yoon laughed "How does school suck? everyone worships you" It was true. Hwa-Young was the most popular girl in her high school. Everyone loved her. Well everyone expect one. Cheong-san. No one knew why but he despised her.

"Being popular doesn't make me pass my classes does it" Hwa-young sighed. Despite Hwa-Young being popular she was failing almost every single subject. Only passing music.

Ha-Yoon laughed at her comment "Okay well i'm outside so just come out when you're ready"

"Okay bye" Hwa-young hung up and flicked the her music app, playing her playlist out into her room. She danced to the music while finishing her routine. Her phone began to ring so she picked it up "Hello, Gyeong-Su" she sighed, Picking up her perfume and spraying a bit onto her chest and neck, Slipping on her shiny black shoes and then turning to the mirror

"good you're awake" He said into the phone, Hwa-Young could hear the boys he was with speaking in the back

"Yep" she sighed "Ha-Yoon got to me before you" Hwa-Young, Ha-yoon and Gyeong-su were very close, they had all been friends since they were four. 

"That sucks" He chuckled "I wanted to be the one who ruined your day"

"Aw poor you" She laughed "I need to leave now, but i'll see you in class, right?" 

"yep" He said "See ya soon" He hung up the phone and she put her phone back down and turned to the mirror. She looked perfect. Just like she always did. Hwa-Young rarely wore her green jumper or anything school color related at all. Instead she wore her white buttoned up shirt with a green plaid skirt and an oversized black cardigan. Her uniform was clean, ironed and her hair was straightened and left down. However her room behind her was a different story. No one would expect Hwa-Young the queen of the school's home life would be like this. Her dad left her and her mother. Her mother dealt with her feeling by drinking. Leaving her all alone. But she couldn't complain. Some people struggled at home and at school. So she thought she was lucky she had school. A place where she was different. Happy.

Hwa-Young turned away from the mirror and went out into the living room. It was even messier than her room. She stepped over the mountains of clothes and rubbish, avoiding the empty glass bottles and random pill containers. Hwa-young made it to the door and picked up her bag, hoping her mother wouldn't wake up. But of course she did. Hope never worked out for her.

"Where are you going?" Her mother groaned, holding her head and sitting up

"School" She answered

"What's the point? you're failing anyway" Her mother chuckled "You're like me.....you have no future"