chapter three

Gyeong-Su was leaning against the door while Hwa-Young and Ha-Yoon were facing him and sitting on the floor "Are you guys hungry?" He asked, looking at his friends

"Nope" Ha-Yoon sighed "I had like half of the snacks Hwa-Young bought" she shrugged, fiddling with her sleeves

"I'm kinda hungry" Hwa-Young sighed "Ugh i really want pancakes.....with chocolate and strawberries and sprinkles....and-"

"Stop!" Gyeong-Su whined "Now i'm even hungrier!" He laid his head down on the table and Hwa-Young stroked his hair

"It's okay" she sighed, leaning her head on his "Hopefully we'll turn into zombies so we can eat the students and then we won't be hungry anymore"

"Don't joke about it" Ha-Yoon said "It's serious" Something in her tone made the two realize she was scared. Very scared at that.

"Okay, i'm sorry" Hwa-Young sighed "You know i don't mean it. Honestly i don't know what i'd do if either of you turned into one of those things"

"Neither do i" Gyeong-Su sighed, lifting his head up "We have to promise we'll stay safe" They all intertwined their pinkies, like they used to do when they were children. Suddenly a scream sounded through the school. The trio all winced. Knowing someone had just been infected. all the zombies that were crowding around the door began to run, following something down the hallway. 

"What's going on?"

Gyeong-su stood up and cautiously opened the door, peering out of it "What are you doing, Moron? close it" Suhyeok said, pulling Gyeong-Su back into the room 

"Okay, fine" Gyeong-Su responded, still standing and looking out the window. Hwa-Young looked around the room and thought about how everyone would be affected by this. Their parents. Siblings. Friends. They could be dead. Is this really worth surviving? wouldn't it be worse to live without the people you love with you. What about her mother? She didn't know why but something in her wanted her mother to be okay, despite the abuse her mother had put her through. Hwa-Young zoned back into the conversation when she heard On-Jo say their was a big fire and that they should hurry into the phone. She leaned her head on Ha-Yoon's shoulder and took deep breaths. They would find a way out of this....wouldn't they?

"Let's call the cops again!" Na-Yeon exclaimed, standing up "We can get them to listen"

"I am but they aren't picking up" On-Jo said, holding the phone to her ear

Na-Yeon sighed and looked around the room before deciding to go to Nam-Ra's desk, where the class president was sitting. She walked over to the quiet girl "Hey!" She exclaimed "Do something! Tell ms Park to come and help!" 

Hwa-Young rolled her eyes and went back to leaning on Ha-Yoon's shoulder "I actually cannot stand her" she whispered, making Ha-Yoon and Gyeong-Su chuckle.

"What do you expect her to do?"

"I don't know! anything" Na-Yeon shrugged "What have you done as class president!" The others tugged on Na-Yeon's arms trying to get her to stop

"Teachers office?" Nam-Ra asked " so do you just want me to leave now?" 

"Well if you're offering" Na-Yeon shrugged

"You told me to do something" Nam-Ra said "So do you want me to leave?" she repeated

"Stop it, you two" On-Jo interrupted "She's only saying that because you're class president"

"Yeah you are right?"

"So just be patient"

"So stupid" Nam-Ra sighed "So typical" Hwa-Young sat up and turned around so she was looking at Nam-Ra