001: Welcome to the show

Everyone pictured the Royal Family differently. Some people thought they were the heroes of history, but some thought they were the villains of the story. Zhanghao wasn't sure what he thought of it.

Secrets lay underneath the roof of the castle and he wanted to discover every single inch of it. He had been thinking about the castle ever since he got the job of becoming an assassin. It was the reason why he was the one that got requested to kill the Crown Prince's younger brother, Sung Hanbin.

An assassin's job was not to interfere with the world of politics, and he knew that too. It was a dangerous combination assassin's rather avoid, but Zhanghao desperately wanted to find out all of the hideous secrets that the royal family had been hiding like they were a diary waiting to be opened.

His boss knew his strong desire of that, so that's why she gave the job to him. A job that no one should even think of. Killing one of the royal family, it could lead to complete chaos around the whole kingdom. But it wasn't like Zhanghao was stupid to not know the consequences.

In fact, he knew everything. How the kingdom would react, what would happen to him and what kind of distrust that would give to the royal family, especially after Hanbin's own royal guard was murdered 3 month ago. That's why he was given a year to do it. 365 days. It may not be enough to gain enough trust of the king, queen and both of the princes, but it was enough to gain the trust of the public eye. One of the first guards was murdered silently by one of the enemies.

He remembered how Jiwoong told the story so confidently, how he trusted him while no one was watching the two and how he stabbed the dagger right into his cold heart. It was a flawless story, with no strings attached. It took him a couple of months and he remembered how he told him everything in detail, and maybe a little bit too detailed.

"So you're Zhanghao?" He heard the king speak and he examined every single thing about him. His voice was soft, but it felt cold like a freezing night. From the smallest details on his face, Zhanghao could feel his eyes piercing into his skin. He was trying to look as neutral as he could, because it was a new yet strange feeling to have all the eyes of the king, queen, the Crown Prince's and another girl on him. It was something he wished not to experience ever again.

"Yes, your highness." Having everyone here, yet the person he was going to guard was nowhere to be found. Maybe Hanbin didn't think this was important at all, maybe that's why he was not here. It made him want to chuckle, but didn't even change a single expression. He found it too strange, almost unbelievable.

Zhanghao noticed that the girl was quite tall, but not as tall as him. Her long hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a pretty long red dress.

Of course he knew who she was. She was the beloved wife of the youngest prince. When people wanted to talk about love, they always thought of their relationship. How they were childhood best friends, how their friendship turned into something more, how they married once they both turned 18. It was like a perfect fairy tale, one with no mistakes, like the two were destined to be together.

Too good to be true.

"Youngmi, show him the way to Hanbin's room. He needs to meet him too." The queen's smile was forced. So forced that it was uncomfortable to look at. The girl-- Youngmi-- bowed at the queen, king and the crown prince before leaving the room. He followed her as he was looking around, finding the castle absolutely stunning. From the decorated walls to ancient paintings of old princesses, princes, kings and queens who used to rule the kingdom of Earth.

When people said that magic didn't exist anymore was a lie and Hanbin was proof of it. It was rare these days, because the society were scared that magic would control the kingdoms and create strong imbalance, but it was different now. People envied people that could control any kind of magic, they wanted to control the people who possessed those abilities for their own protection.