005: Our time is running out

Zhanghao thought the flowers surrounding this palace looked weird. No, the specific flowers they chose for decoration was strange. Red roses were obviously known for love, everyone knew that. 

But mixing them with black roses was an odd idea. Both are from the same family, yet they have a completely different meaning. While red roses did represent love, black roses represented the death. A combination of them was too weird in Zhanghao's opinion even if it looked beautiful.

He stared at them for a few minutes until they finally reached the front door. It was gigantic, almost as big as a gate. If the castle of Hanbin was big, this was probably ten times bigger. He was amazed of how big it actually was. No wonder why they held the balls here in the kingdom of Fire.

"Hanbin, you have a new guard?" It was the first thing he heard as soon as they entered the castle. He saw a slightly taller male standing on front of him. The mask he was wearing was red and orange mixed with gold. "It's nice to see you too, Gyuvin." The prince replied as he jokingly rolled with his eyes. "I'm Gyuvin, and you are..." "Zhanghao, your highness." He bowed and heard, he assumed his name was Gyuvin, ooh'ed. "You picked a good one, Bin." He poked the side of the older.

"Long time no see, Prince Gyuvin." It was the voice of Dongbin. "Your kingdom is beautiful." So we are in his kingdom. Hanbin tried to keep a smile on his face when his brother spoke. He noticed the sudden change in his mood. "Thank you. And please say your highness instead of prince Gyuvin." Behind that smile, there was a sarcastic kindness. "Now if you excuse me, I need to use the bathroom." Gyuvin looked at Hanbin and Zhanghao before he left.

It was kind of clear to him that Gyuvin might not like Dongbin. But could he blame him? He was, what he could call, an asshole after all. "Your friend is annoying me. I hope you know that." Dongbin's voice was much colder than he spoke to the other prince. "If Gyuvin asked you to call him your highness, you should listen to him if you don't want to be seen as disrespectful." If looks could kill, Hanbin might have been murdered by Dongbin. 

But because they were surrounded by people, no words escaped his mouth. 

"I have to use the bathroom." He said, finally turning to Zhanghao again. "You should follow me since you have no idea where the bathrooms are." Without hesitation, Hanbin grabbed the wrist of Zhanghao and basically dragged him towards the bathroom. He could barely protest because he didn't give him much of a choice.

As soon as they reached the bathroom, Gyuvin was looking at himself in the mirror and perfecting his messy hair. "I can't believe your brother is actually your brother." He didn't hide his annoyance in his voice. "He thinks he is so much better yet he is just another piece of trash that happens to be spoiled too." Zhanghao tried not to laugh, but when he heard Hanbin giggling, he couldn't help himself but laugh too. 

"Oh Gyuvin." The laughter slowly died down. "I am being honest though." The other prince spoke and looked away from the mirror. "Is Gunwook here too?" He curiously looked at the other, hoping to hear a yes. Zhanghao couldn't help but notice the way Gyuvin's eyes immediately sparkled when he mentioned the knight. He thought it was a little cute.

"Gunwook? He must be with Dongbin." Disappointment immediately washed over the taller prince and let out a small breath. "Why did you ask?" "No reason." A tiny smirk had formed on Hanbin's face. "You like him, don't you?" He teased and lightly slapped his shoulder. Gyuvin immediately shook his head, but the blush on his face already told the truth about his feelings.

"How dare you to accuse me like that?" He punched a little too hard on the shorter's shoulder, causing him to let out a small groan. "You're not good at lying." Gyuvin looked at him in defeat. "Okay, maybe a little." He looked into the mirror and hid his cheeks in embarrassment. "We should leave. The ball is going to start in a few minutes." They all agreed and left the bathroom. Zhanghao just followed the two, not wanting to get lost in the gigantic castle.