002: The beginning of spring

Two weeks and Zhanghao still couldn't sleep. It wasn't the bed that was uncomfortable, in fact it was much softer than the bed he had at home. It was perfect for his body and his backpain lessened a lot because of it, so the bed wasn't the problem and neither was this big room, but his thoughts.

Those 2 weeks for Zhanghao went a bit weird, he must admit. He didn't learn much. The boy didn't find the right time to ask the questions that had been wondering inside his head to Hanbin. One thing he did learn though, people were picturing the whole royal family not correctly. 

"You seriously need to move on."

Dongbin's voice tried to sound soft, but failed miserably. His voice always came out cold whenever he was talking to him or Hanbin. He barely could hear what Hanbin was saying, because his voice was way too low for him to hear. When he heard those words, all he could think of was Hanbin's old guard, Seok Matthew. He learned his full name when he accidentally overheard Youngmi and the young prince talking about him.

Youngmi didn't seem to be quite fond of him, but Zhanghao couldn't care less. As long as his brother and his parents trusted him, everything would be fine. He didn't really like the way the girl would look at him, he could tell that there was a clear dislike in her eyes and she didn't even try to hide it. Maybe she still thought that he was a disrespectful man towards Hanbin or something along the lines even though she had no proof besides the fact that he keeps forgetting to call Hanbin 'your highness' when they are not alone.

Youngmi seemed to care a lot about royalty and tells him to call him 'prince Hanbin' or 'your highness' because she thought that Zhanghao wasn't close enough to him to call him by his real name. Well, Hanbin told him to not call him that when they were alone multiple times, so he stopped doing so.

He was pretending to read a book while he was trying to listen what the two siblings were possibly talking about, but it was hard because he was in another room with the door barely open. He couldn't completely open the door because that would look weird, so he just left it open just a little bit. 

"You should have known better." It was the last thing he heard before the door of the other room was closed. He heard footsteps approaching to him, so he pretended that he was invested in the book instead of what he was actually doing. "Zhanghao?" Hanbin softly called out his name. "yes, prince Hanbin?" His eyes were a little red, so he must have cried, because his eyes weren't red at all in the morning. 

"Can I show you around the forest of my kingdom?" It didn't seem like a bad idea. Zhanghao wanted to go outside to catch some breath, so he actually liked what Hanbin suggested. And not only that, it was also a chance to be completely alone with the prince, a chance he shouldn't miss. "Of course, prince Hanbin." When he nodded, a smile formed on his lips. "Great. I am going to grab my jacket and you should too, it's cold outside." When he left, the male went towards the closet to grab a jacket that was suited for the weather outside. 

It didn't look like it was going to rain anytime soon, so he just grabbed one that would only keep his body warm. It was around 1pm, so the sun was shining beautifully. When he was done grabbing his jacket, he put it on and looked into the mirror for a couple of seconds, making his hair look a little bit better. He walked out of his room and closed the door behind him, waiting for Hanbin outside of his room. 

It didn't take the prince long to be done too, because in less than 5 minutes, he came out of his room too. "Let's be home before dinner." Since it was still afternoon, Zhanghao didn't think that this would be difficult. 

They got a few glances from the maids and other guards, but they didn't say a single thing. They only bowed when they saw Hanbin look at them and he bowed back. Once they reached the front door, the guard held the door open and received a small smile from him. He closed the door behind him and immediately looked up at the sky. White clouds were hanging in the bright blue sky, reminding him of spring yet the cold weather reminded him of winter.