Sweet redemption chapter 10

Sweet redemption

Chapter 10

Daryl POV

I'm heading towards the pantry, my girl wants pigs feet and jelly I'll try and find her pigs feet and jelly, that's a weird combination.

"Hello, Daryl wasn't it?" I've heard women talk to me before like that. Not interested

"I've not seen you in here before." She smiles at me. Not interested she doesn't even come close to my girl.

"I'm here for Emma she wants some things if you have them grape jelly and pigs feet."

"Oh, she wants grape jelly and pigs feet. Well, let's see what we have."

"Thanks."

"By the way congrats."

"Huh?"

"Oh, nothing. Well, I can do the jelly okay? But I only have one bottle of feet. Argh, take them, take them they've been here forever."

"I wouldn't complain if you had nothing else to eat they'd look pretty damn tasty. Thanks."

"True but you'd have to be pretty desperate."

"I doubt you know desperate. Em will be happy thank you."

I walk back to her house and make myself at home and wait for her to come back, I wonder where she went to. Then I hear the door open.

"Da da da."

"Oh, who's a clever girl yeah da da da."

Her first word was da da. Merle would be happy. Then I see her point at me.

"Da da da."

"No baby that's your uncle."

"Da da."

"Well, Daryl she either thinks you're her daddy or she's trying to say Daryl I'm not sure which."

"You were gone a while."

"Sorry, we went for a walk."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah really good."

"I tried hunting and gathering, had some luck but not much babe."

"Oh, what did you get me?"

"Grape jelly and only one jar of pigs feet." I watch her open a drawer and grab a spoon and start eating the jelly.

"Oh god, Dar that's so good. You know there's only one time I've ever wanted this, can you pass me the feet?" I watch her struggle to open the jar, I take it off her and open it with ease. "Ooh, I knew those muscles would be good for something." She picks one of the feet up and starts eating it. "I'm so going to pay for this later but it's worth it."

"You know you need to add diet soda and peanut butter to have a real redneck brunch you know that. Though if you pull out the peanut butter I might be sick though Merle loved peanut butter I was a jelly person."

"Oh I know that Dar that you are a jelly person when I was pregnant with Merlynn it was peanut butter and pigs feet, now it's jelly and pigs feet."

"Huh, what did you say."

"I said that when I was pregnant with Merlynn all I wanted to eat was peanut butter and pigs feet now it's jelly and pigs feet. Daryl, we're having a baby."

"You're pregnant?"

"Yep here you go." She passes me one of those test strips. There are two lines on it. Wow me a dad.