Sweet redemption chapter 16

Sweet redemption

Chapter 16

Two months later...Eight months

Emma POV

"Dylan, listen to your dad you know you're supposed to stay in there for nearly another month don't go thinking about arriving early we aren't ready for you yet."

"Babe he or she is happy where they are. You on the other hand need to be careful okay? Don't you and Aaron do anything stupid? I don't want to lose my family."

"We'll be gone a few hours need to hunt for winter babe if we can get a couple of bucks then we are set for a while, I'll cook you up some venison, best you've ever had babe." He kisses my head.

"Call that a kiss?"

"No this is." He leans down into me and kisses me softly while placing a hand on my belly earning himself a sharp kick from Dylan. "Now son are we going to have a problem?"

"Nope he's just reminding you to be careful out there, you too Aaron. Bye, babe. See you in a few."

I watch Daryl and Aaron leave, I decide to drop in on the Grimes house and let Merlynn have a play date with Judith.

"Hey, Emma. You mustn't be long now?"

"How about four weeks, until they slice me open Carol."

"Oh that's right you're not having him naturally are you?"

"Denise's thinking I can't that he'll be too big. She thinks he is already nine to ten pounds, so he might go to eleven by the time he is born."

"Everything will be fine."

"I wouldn't ask but I have to go to docs could you look after Merlynn for a few minutes?"

"Sure we girls will have fun. You okay?"

"Yeah just a little niggling thing, Daryl worries so much so I didn't tell him I needed to go I usually just wait for him to leave."

"Okay, I hope everything is alright."

I left Merlynn with Carol, I know I said that I needed to go to the doctor but I wanted to go for walk and see how Deanna is, she hasn't been well what with Aidan, Reg dying, and now Spencer falling off the rails. I reach behind me and feel my knife and pistol in their holsters, Daryl insisted that I always carry them whenever I'm out of the house. It's silent except for the moans of the walkers, Daryl wouldn't have left if it is a lot but he did use the west exit so maybe he didn't know about this build-up, I see Rick and another man fixing the fence when all of a sudden they stop and are looking up at the fence my eyes follow them and I watch as the steeple from the old church outside starts to fall towards the fence, and it takes the fence with it.

"Oh shit!"

"Run everyone run back to your homes!" Rick yells. Oh god, Merlynn, I run to Rick's house to get Merlynn, but when I get there they aren't there. 

"Oh fuck Carol what did you do with my girl?"

Then I see them there are tens of walkers in the street, fuck me I'm out on the street. I look up the road to my house there are walkers there as well but the park to the side of me is clear and leads to the lookout, I have no choice but to run and try and make the lookout, I pull my gun out and start running well as best as an eight-month pregnant woman can run. I'm close to the lookout when I feel a hand grab my shoulder and we fall on the ground, I land on my stomach pain shoots through me like I've been stabbed, I'm able to push the walker off me and I shot it in the head, as I do I felt something wet run down my leg, I hope I've pissed myself. I make it to the ladder as I do I have walkers trying to bite at my feet as I drag myself onto the tower I roll onto my side holding my belly as wave after wave of pain comes over me.