Pop Quiz

CHAPTER 2.10
Pop Quiz.

"I'm gettin' all tingly!"
〉〉〉〉

"OH COME ON, FRANKIE," Beckett chastised the boy in question, "You can't just sit here and mope." The girl gestured to the bench he was wallowing on, Joey by his side. "Joey, feel free."

Joey looked up, a pout on his face, "Normally I'd fight ya', but I ain't go no mo' juice left in me."

Beck rolled her eyes at their sour moods and settled in front of them with her hands on her hips. Unfortunately for the lackeys, Harley Keiner had been sent to a juvenile rehabilitation center, and they were absolutely heartbroken.

Beck had baked celebratory cupcakes, but as Frankie's friend, she didn't admit her happiness.

"Guys, take this as an opportunity," The girl continued, "You guys are free to do whatever you want now, right?"

"No," Joey muttered, "We need to find a new leader."

Frankie, who hadn't spoke, threw his hands up in a tantrum, "No, no, no!"

"The times, they're a-changin'!" Joey shrugged helplessly, "Today's the first day of the rest of our lives. I can't believe it's not butter."

Beck sighed, "Or you could be normal, for once. Stop bullying kids, start going to class."

The boys looked at each other and laughed.

"You're right, Joey," Frankie said, "A new leader. But who?"

Beck's eyes drew upward as Eric exited the bathroom, making quick eye contact with her, "Hey, Becky bear."

"Don't call me that." She smiled sarcastically, using the same sing-songy tone he had. He jabbed her playfully as he passed, approaching his victim of the week, or as he liked to call it, a crush!

"Yo, Jasmine," He called to the blonde girl charismatically, "Did you know that our bodies are 98% water? Well... if you can squeeze that other 2% into a bikini, I've got two tickets to our natural habitat." He produced a water park ticket—which his dad had won at work— from his pocket and winked.

Beck gagged, "That's the worst pick up line I've ever heard." She judged, turning to the boys behind her in hopes they'd agree. Unfortunately, they were staring at Eric in awe. "Oh no."

"That's great!" Jasmine smiled and plucked the ticket from his hand, "Where's your ticket?"

"Just about to pick it up."

"Can't wait." The girl nudged him and went on her way.

"Score!" Eric laughed, turning to Beck with a fist pump, "Now I just need to get Cory's ticket, and I'm set."

"You're gonna steal your brother's ticket?" Beck asked incredulously.

"No..." Eric said in mock offense, "I'm just gonna bribe him or something!"

Beck didn't pay much attention to his conversation with Cory, who conveniently came up at that exact moment, but from the looks on Frankie and Joey's faces, they were pretty much sold.

"I think we just found our new leader." Joey murmured, a smirk on his face.

"I'm gettin' all tingly." Frankie agreed.

Beck saw this as a great opportunity to mess with Eric, "You know, you guys are so right. You know what he'd love?" The boys shook their heads, "If you copied his outfits! He's a sucker for fashion."