Chapter 1

YOVANNA'S POV:

      "RUN!" I cried out. If we kept going at the pace we were, then we were sure to be caught. My brother would never stop, not until Melrissa was his and his alone and I just couldn't allow that to become a reality. My brother couldn't have Melrissa..Because even though Reudiger would forever cast aside it, the truth was that Melrissa now feared the same man she once adored and it was because of I. 

I was the reason for my brothers downfall and out of control obsession, I was the reason my brother was utterly obsessed. His obsession with Melrissa, It was because she was the only one that showed him genuine care. The only one who admitted she cared for him unconditionally, throughout our life I have neglected him, and neglected him in ever aspect of the word. His mental downfall, It was my fault..

"Vanna!!" voiced shouted out causing me to  snap back to see my brother in red stained clothing, he had clearly hurt or killed someone but at the moment that was the least of my concern. He had Melrissa by the strings of her beige colored corset, his fingers clenched  around it so tightly that it almost looked as if it were going to cut circulation..

 "My, my..would you look at this! My lover and "sister" running off into the sunset with one another!!! How whore like of you yovanna.." My brothers glare was as cold as ice yet just as sincere as a true christian's prayer as he spoke such words to me, his teeth grinding as he spoke. Melrissa still snatched by the waist, squirmed and struggledand soon began to cry due to Reudiger's next action.

                                        The drawing of his sword.

"Reudiger. You don't have to do thi-"

 "OH BUT I DO. "SisTeR"." He said in a mocking tone he hated me that much was obvious but the truth was, I didn't hate him, not in the slightest.. and because of this, I chose to surrender. "little brother, no. Reudiger..." I said as I knelt down in front of him. "If you chose violence..let it be against I and I alone.." 

I sternly said dropping my head and closing my eyes, and though they were closed I could feel how distraught Reudiger had become due to this suddenness of my action as well as the lack of hesitation I possessed.

 It felt as if I were in the presence of the emperor on my debut into nobility all over again.. His judgmental stare made me feel as if I were not even someone of the same blood line as him as if, we were not even the same, not in name, not in strength may it be physically or emotionally.. But even though it appeared like this, it couldn't have been farther from the truth.

We were the same. Same in name, and same emotionally. The reason why we had both became distance to one another was to prove that we could survive on our own. To show the nobles of the country we could live sophisticated lives and not lives of common children in the small towns and villages.

We both wanted to show father that we were worthy of his last name. That we were enough, for him to at the very least shelter and protect. For him to keep  us within a house of great and stable nobility and for him to see us as civil people and not like dogs to serve at his every command and will. 

"Reudiger. I shall allow myself to die..in exchange for  Melrissa's freedom!" I spoke as firmly as could. Though the courage was in my voice it was not at all in my heart. For what my heart feared at the time was the slim possibility that I would die in vain..I feared for Melrissa, I feared that even if I gave him my life that even then his soul would not then or ever be satiated, and that he would keep Melrissa in his sadistic hands long after my passing, if my words truly got through to that hollow skull of his and he did kill me here and not just torture me somewhere.