08: Secrets Unraveled

⚠️TW⚠️: Mature Language, Descriptive Violence, Childhood Trauma

This chapter is made up of a lot of memories/flashbacks that reveal some secrets and whatnot, so make sure not to miss it!

Before

"Test subject 167 responding negatively to Virus-G."

The intercom above you blares with an operators voice.

You lay in the bed of your testing room, vision blurry as the injections work their way through your bloodstream. This is pretty average now, and ever since your sister was old enough to be tested on, you've been taking more sessions so she won't have to.

You love your sister with all your heart, and you'd do anything you could to make sure she didn't have to go through what you did growing up.

You don't have the same mothers, but your father, THE William Birkin, decided to have an affair on his wife, so that's pretty self explanatory.

Of course you hate this, it's hell on earth. You can literally hear your heart beating in your ears. You're all sweaty and tired, breathing heavily as you think to yourself, but it's all worth knowing Sherry will be okay for another day.

When your testing is over, you return to your bedroom, holding a trash can by the side of your bed as you throw up in it, several times.

You hear the a key twist through the lock, and you jerk your head in that general direction. Once the door opens, you immediately smile and put on a fake act.

"Sherry!"

She runs towards you, and Mrs. Birkin immediately glares down at you two.

"10 minutes. Only reason she's getting a visit is because William said so."

She slams the door shut and you nervously swallow. Of course she's not very fond of you, you're the product of her husbands affair. She also doesn't give that much of a shit about Sherry, but you know your dad does. He always makes sure you two have some visiting time when he's not torturing you.

You turn back to your sister and put on a fake smile before hugging her.

"What's new?" You ask, smiling.

Sherry sits on the bed, looking down at the bucket of throw up and frowns.

"Does it hurt?" She asks you.