XVI. In That Coriddor...

Warnings: injury, more hospital phobia

Juniper took a deep breath as she and Andre sat on the bench. She could see the mist out of her mouth through the cold November. Despite all that practice, blood, sweat and tears she shed, it was thrown for sitting on the bench for their first match. Orion tried his hardest to keep the team's focus on balance and harmony. Still, the friendly competition has grown fierce since the previous game. On the bright side, Juniper wanted to see it as unlikely to be sent to the hospital wing.

Whispers about someone intentionally sabotaging the Gryffindors caused tensions and accusations between the houses and the quidditch teams. Juniper laid low, hoping no attention or clues would land on her.

Orion, Skye and Lucas played hard against the Hufflepuff team. Using the thimblerig shuffle, which she learned from Skye, dazzled the other chasers. Still, what the Hufflepuff lacked with their chasers was made up for with their talented keeper, Morris Beetle. The fifth-year made it challenging, with the points being neck and neck until the Ravenclaw seeker, Roan Smith, took the team to a win.

Dots of blue and bronze were in motion, cheering as Roan Smith held up the golden snitch in victory. This win had just bought them second place on the leaderboard behind Gryffindor. Their next match was with Slytherin, which Juniper was dreading. Her stomach would not stop twisting in knots as when Professor McGonagall. The Professors had cleared Slytherin of guilt and said the sabotage was likely from a third party. However, it didn't stop the resentment and mistrust between not only Slytherin and Gryffindor, but it was affecting the other teams too.

She knew she had to do what was right and eventually say something. It was ruining the game and mostly gnawing away at her consciousness. Still, it would also mean unravelling her openly secret investigations with the cursed vaults. Skye would also accuse her of not focusing enough on quidditch. Maybe Skye was right? Juniper only joined because it seemed fun and valuable. Instead, she has become a hindrance.

While quidditch was slowly making her burdensome, Juniper found some success in Transfiguration. Over a month of handing homework with extra pages and practising her spells, Professor McGonagall finally sent that all-so-important owl.

Juniper jumped for joy and almost gave Rowan an unnecessary heart attack before she joined in. It meant being able to open that passage shortly before Christmas.

"Miss Moss, welcome in."

"Hello Professor McGonagall." Juniper observed the cup with a rat tail on her desk. "Thank you for this private lesson."

"You've earned it, especially with your work ethic over the past month. There has been a great improvement in your classroom and private work." A faint smile formed on the Transfiguration's teachers.

"So, do I finally get to learn Revelio?"

"You do indeed. Please pay close attention." Professor McGonagall pulled her wand out of her dress. "The Revelio charm is used to show the true form of things, and to make the invisible visible. Let us begin."

She had a book on her desk, which they used as an example. The Professor made her practise her forms first, getting her pronunciation and flicks right.

"Well done, Miss Moss. Lets try it on this book."

Juniper inhaled before focusing on revealing the book. She visualised it like she was mentally pulling an invisibility cloak away and showing the book.

The book flickered before finally fully revealing itself. Good, but not perfect enough. Juniper needed to master it, as she would have to cast a spell on a large wall area.

"For a first attempt that was well executed for an advance spell." Professor McGonagall encouraged. Juniper felt a little more confident.

After an hour of constant practising, she got it nearly perfect. The Professor seemed to approve, and Juniper thanked her for the lesson.