♡1♡

I sat quietly in the little cell. the metal was very cold and filled with dirt, making it uncomfortable and painful to sit. my surrounding was dark and dam and i could hear the waves clashing against the wood. i closed my eyes tightly, feeling as my wings and body is ached and bruised.

I could hear the pirates above, boasting about their victory of catching a skypedian girl. this made my throat tighten, and all i could do was bring my knees closer to my chest in an effort to comfort myself. but there was only so much i could do because the reality of my situation was heavy.

they're planning to sell me off to the celestial dragons.

my kind fetches for really high in the black market.

tears gathered in my eyes. I had fallen from the sky island after having strayed too far away. the fall wasn't bad as I used my wings to soften the fall, but no way would i ever be able to fly so high that i'd be able to return to my home. it's too far away.

I'm a special skypedian. and i was born with a halo above my head instead of only two wings. the poor town I lived in cherished me and treated me with love. I had a nice upbringing but it all ends at some point in life i guess. and it happened to be my turn to have everything and then lose it from the tip of my fingers.

the trapdoor swung open and light quickly poured into the room, "you awake, lil Missy?" a man called out.

I looked up at the man, he's very big with messy hair and beard. i didn't respond and only glared at him.

"I take that as a yes. we've arrived at our meeting spot so be a good girl and behave, alright?" he grinned.

I turned my head away, refusing to respond to the man. he opened the cage and threw me out by my hair. then he approached me and tied my hands behind my back and tied my legs together and them threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. I didn't try to struggle as there was no where for me to escape anyway.

he went out of the storage room and into the outside and immediately the crew all around us cheered. "we're about to become rich, y'all!" some shouted. i only looked down, not being able to take looking at their faces from frustration. how could they be so happy about doing this to someone? it's too cruel.

they all went out of the ship, the man holding me leading the way until we ended up deep inside a forest. they then began approaching a tall man that seemed to be awaiting our arrival. he had grey hair and tanned skin. his face also wore a serious expression.
once I saw him all hope faded from me and I put my head back down. not wanting to see anything more of this.

I cried silently, my tears staining the man's shirt but he doesn't seem to even care. why would he? the money they'll get from me is more important than some stupid girls feelings.

"hand the girl over and I'll pay you." the man demanded, crossing his hands over his chest.

"eh? how do we know we can trust you? you'll just run off with the girl!" said someone from the crowd but the man holding me hushed them and said, "nah we can trust him." he set me down and pushed me in front of the other man. I fell near his feet and put my knees tightly to my chest, turning into a fetal position as I shielded my head with my wings.

I could feel the man's gaze on me before he picked me up by the hook of my dress. my bare feet left the ground as he pulled me up to his incredibly tall height. he studied in my appearance, the light from my halo illuminating his face better in the darkness of the night.

"she's bruised everywhere, I thought I told you I wanted her in perfect shape?" the man asked, now looking at the pirates but still holding me in place.

"sorry garp, but that girl was incredibly feisty, didn't wanna go down without a fight. we had to beat the submission into her so I promise she's obedient now, as you can see," a man from the crew reasoned, motioning to my unmoving self.

I lowered my head in shame. "what's your name?" he asked, now looking at me but I didn't respond, only kept my head lowered and shoulders shaking in fear. he sighed and sat me down gently.

he dug into his pocket and despite everyone expecting a bag of money, he pulled out a gun and fired at the sky. a red powder flew out to the clouds and all of a sudden a bunch of men in white hopped out of the bushes and attacked the pirates without mercy.

I screamed and tried to run away but fell down from my body still being tied up. the man, "garp", picked me up bridal style as he walked away from the scene. i could distantly hear the sound of the pirates yelling and fighting.

"w-what?" I stuttered, not knowing what else to say.

"don't worry, you're safe now, my name is garp." he said, the strict look on his face now gone and replaced by a warm smile. tears builded up in my eyes as I cried, eyes wide in shock, "s-safe..?"

"yes. safe..."

♡♡

hi and welcome to my luffy x shy reader! some disclaimer is that English is my fourth language so I am not experienced in it at all, I am also 13 so If there is criticism I would love to hear it!