♡2♡

i wanted to mention that my stories are slowburn ^_^

I opened my eyes quickly, sitting up and looking around me, panting loudly. was that all a dream? but this doesn't look like the sky island..

when i looked down i saw that I was still wearing my same tattered dress but my previously injured and bruised body was bandaged up. suddenly a headache came pounding and I clutched my head, hissing in pain. 

the door swung open and there stood a woman who gasped at the sight in front of her. immediately she rushed to my side. a man followed her, it was the same man from that day.

"please lie back down! you're still injured!" she said worriedly, trying to push me back but I only jumped in response and slapped her hands away in caution, "get away from me!" I yelled in panic, clutching the thin blanket tightly to my chest.

the man approached me and sat down beside me. "we ain't gonna hurt ya dear... I rescued you from those pirates, remember? I'm with the navy. you're safe now you can trust us, " he reassured.

"t-the navy..?" i said quietly, lowering my guard for a moment.

"yeah! let the lady treat you now. grab her some pain killers!" garp said. his face wore a warm smile and I felt safe. the lady began treating me and handed me some painkillers and a glass of water.

"so, where're ya from? not here right? I've never seen someone like you before... you look like an angel," he said, staring hard at my halo and wings. "an angel..? what's that?" i tilted my head, putting the glass down on the table beside me.

"mythical creatures... said to look just like you. but whatever, they're just a myth," he said as he waved his hand, now sitting beside me. once the lady finished re-patching me up she left quietly.

"i-im from the sky island..." I stuttered out, unsure if I should tell him anything more.

"the sky island eh..." he pondered. my heart was beating incredibly fast, I was so nervous and I still felt confused about everything.

"I heard of it... pretty difficult to go back there..." he whispered, deep in thought. I frowned and nodded, "there's a one in a hundred chance... I doubt I'll ever return...

I have no home..." I whispered, feeling tears gather in my eyes in realization.

"n-now now! that don't mean you ain't got a home! why don't we take you in eh? adopt you or whatever then you'll become a navy soldier." he said quickly.

"navy soldier..?" I asked as he nodded, "yeah. can you fight?"

I nodded, "I can fight, but i'm mediocre. i use a bow and arrow when i'm in the sky and on land i use a pole..." 

"now that's good to hear. hey I gotta go now but stay here the nurse'll return soon to tend to you." he said and walked out. i stared at the door, rethinking my decision.

a week has passed and my injuries were basically all healed up. garp was visiting me everyday and talked with me a lot. slowly I began warming up to him, he was a very caring and sweet person.

I stood up from the bed, my legs trembled a little but I slowly got used to it. my wings were a bit tense as well so I flapped them around a little to ease the tension.

I walked to the window and opened it, ready to leap out and test my wings but then the door suddenly swung open. there stood garp in shock looking at me who was leaning out of the window, ready to jump out.

"HEY! what're you doing?! you'll injure yourself!" he yelled, rushing towards me and pulling me away from the railing. i didn't say anything at that, too surprised from his sudden appearance.
he sighed in relief before staring at me for a moment, "you look like you're healed up... c'mere i gotta introduce you to someone before you can officially become a marine."