Chapter 8

Starburst groaned as she started to open her eyes. As she looked around, orange light covered her face, blinding her.

She backed away from the sunlight only to fall. She slid off of some kind of platform and landed on a soft wooden floor.

She blinked it off, trying to recover her vision. As her sight came back, she looked around where she was. There were some walls around a hut she was in, with leaves as drapes around some windows. There were shelves all over the place covered with strange plants and powders.

"Oh," Starburst whispered to herself, "I'm in the Healers' Hut."

She stood up and walked outside to find the RainWing village still awake and bustling. She walked slowly while looking around at the huge village. There were some RainWing dragonets flying around the trees and bopping each other. They looked like they were only just old enough to leave the nursery.

Starburst walked back inside the Healers' Hut and looked at each of the other beds.

Phew. Everyone is here.

She went around to each of them, making sure to check if any of them have injuries, even though the healers probably did. They were all fine. Starburst sat down in one of the corners and waited for the rest of the winglet to wake up.

She sat and watched the light start to dim, and as dragons went about their lives.

"Wh-Where am I?" asked a rough voice.

Starburst looked over to find Boris and Diamondback sitting up. Starburst walked over to them and watched as Bubble got up and yelped in surprise as a beam of sun shone into his eyes. Starburst looked over at Artemis who was still asleep peacefully. Diamondback walked over to his sister and nudged her slightly with his snout.

She yawned and stood up. She stretched out really quickly and looked around.

"Is this... Is this the..." she asked.

"Yep. Welcome to the Rainforest Kingdom." Starburst said while giving a sarcastic presentation arm motion.

They all gazed in awe except for Bubble who still look dazed.

"We better go see the queen. She will want to know why we are in her forest."

Starburst made her way out of the Healers' Hut, leading everyone behind her and to the queen's hut, walking up and down paths and bridges, all of which led to the hut.

She still hoped that the queen was still having her visiting hours, but she didn't know what time it was, and was ready to get rejected.

She walked into the throne room, which was more of just a normal room with a few decorations and a chair. It had a soft and worn wooden floor and was covered in green leaves and all kinds of flowers.

She walked in to find Queen Glory sitting and talking to her personal bodyguard and husband. Just like Starburst's father, he was also a NightWing. Unlike her father, he was a former assassin. What was his name again? Death basket? Murder Basket? Oh! Deathbringer!

Everyone stood in a line behind Starburst, letting her take the lead, which she did not appreciate on this one.

Queen Glory did not notice Starburst's presence, so she took the initiative.

"Your majesty?" she asked while bowing low.

She looked back to make sure that everyone was bowing. They all hesitated at first, but each of them bowed eventually.

"Yes?" Queen Glory asked.

"I am Starburst. I am a student at Jade Mountain. I am sorry for barging in like this."