𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗻𝘆𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻

"Okay, let's take a fifteen minute break. Hydrate and we'll again start from verse 1."

Uchinaga Asuka sighed, grateful for the break. She tugged on the strings of her gray hoodie and wiped the sweat from her forehead. Fluffing her damp hair, she sat down next to Hyerin, the youngest of Acid Angel from Asia.

"Hey Shrimpy." Asuka said with a smile, causing Hyerin to frown.

"Oh come on, you know I don't even like seafood." Hyerin said, lightly pushing Asuka's shoulder.

"I know, that's why it's funny."

The two girls laughed, filling their dance practice room with sound waves of joy. As the two girls continued to talk, Hyerin suddenly takes Asuka's hands in her own and looked into Asuka's brown eyes.

Asuka looked at their hands, then back at Hyerin. "W-What?" Asuka stuttered, nervous that something was bothering the younger girl. Hyerin smiled, causing Asuka to sigh in relief.

"Nothing. Just know that I love you a lot, Unnie. You're a great teacher and an even greater friend."

Asuka ruffled Hyerin's hair, all the while smiling underneath her wave of light brown hair.

"Okay girls, let's get back to it. Nakyoung, can you start from verse 1 please?"

And Acid Angel from Asia was back to practicing.

...

The moon glowed brightly in the dark sky. Asuka cursed the falling backwards daylight savings. She hated it when it was dark at 6 o'clock at night. And it wasn't even night yet! Korea was still on the brink of evening time. Five o'clock had just gone by, it couldn't be night that quickly, could it?

Oh, but it was. As Asuka sat on her bed, sorting through her massive sticker collection, she sighed in the unmoving loneliness. Yubin, Nakyoung, Yooyeon and Hyerin had gone out for dinner, but Asuka had respectfully declined the offer, opting to stay home instead. And here she was.

Asuka hugged her Pochaco stuffed animal, sighing again. At the moment, she felt so lifeless, like she was floating in space, not a noise to bother her, to wake her still body up. She closed her eyes, seeing bright colors swimming behind her eyelids, and listened to the nothingness.

Then her phone chimed.

Asuka groaned loudly. "Aish, come on. Just when I was getting used to the silence, someone has to-"

It was Riki.

...

NishiKiki

Onee-san

Changed NishiKiki's contact name to Jjangmura💫.

Jjangmura💫

Onee-san!

Oneeeeeee-saannnnnnn

O

Nee

San

oNeEsAn

ONEEEEEEEEEESANNNNNNNNN

Omg you're dead

Asuka

Riki-chan!

Don't worry, I'm alive

Sorry, I accidentally spilled water on my phone the other day

Now it's acting all gOoFy

Jjangmura💫

That's definitely gOoFy

Hey, do you want to go out for ice cream?

Asuka

omg

yes

ofc

Jjangmura💫

yay!

i know a good spot

i'll send you the location

can't wait to see you!

...

Riki shuddered in the 6 o'clock cold, wishing the sun was still shining. He rolled a straw in between his fingers, nervously tapping his leg. Asuka said she would arrive in 30 minutes, which was 60 minutes ago.

So where is she?

Riki sighed, standing up, about to leave, when he heard the ice cream parlor's front door bell ring loudly. He looked up, and there she was. Panting. Her hair was wild, and she stumbled on her feet. Riki practically ran to her.

"Hey! I thought you-" Riki started to speak, but stopped when he saw Asuka's flushed face. He tell that something was wrong, utterly wrong. He felt that asking Asuka about it wouldn't help at all, and he thought that maybe, she just needed a hug. So that's what he gave her.

As soon as Asuka felt the warmth of Riki's body, all thoughts disappeared from her head. The crystal tears that threatened to spill from her eyes receded.

Asuka's night seemed to have gone downhill since she texted Riki. But she didn't want to talk about it, didn't want to burden Riki with her problems, to make him worry about her.

She pulled away from Riki, holding his elbows, "Thanks Riki. I'm okay now."

Riki searched Asuka's brown eyes. Was she really okay?

"I'm okay, I promise." Asuka repeated, smiling to relieve the tension. Outside, cars whizzed past the parlor, pedestrians eagerly talked to on their phones and walked with purpose. If only they could see inside other's hearts, see their emotions, their pain, their struggle. Would humans be any nicer to one another? Or would the world stay in its selfish ways?

Nowadays, Asuka could only wish for the best of people. Because she knew that she wished someone truly did that for her.

"Things are only going to get better from here, okay Daisuka?" Riki said ominously, smiling a pure boxy smile.

And that was her sign. That someone did wish for the best of her.
So Asuka smiled back.

"Yeah, they did, but that's because I met you."

an anonymous sign