𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲, 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴

Uchinaga Asuka paced in a perfect square, mumbling to herself, "Pick up, pick up, pick up."

Yoo-yeon, Hyerin, Nakyoung, and Yubin looked at the frantic teen. Asuka was nervous, that was obvious, but her perfect square pace was strangely calming the Japanese teenager.

It's simple, Asuka thought to herself. A square is perfect. It continues its cycle, over and over. It cannot be disrupted.

"So, why are you freaking out again?" Yubin asked, interrupting Asuka's "perfect square" monologue.

Asuka turned to her friends, who were all sitting on Yubin's very messy bottom bunk. Asuka's hands were literally shaking, but she still proceeded to explain why she was a nervous train wreck.

"My school is having a football game tonight, and because of my-" Asuka stopped and looked around. Modhaus. She was in Modhaus. For a moment, it felt like she was going to have an out of body experience. That happened sometimes.

"-profession, they asked me to perform at the half time. This is going to be a big deal."

Nakyoung nodded. "And your stressing over someone picking up the phone because?"

Asuka drew in a large breath. Just yesterday, she told Yoo-yeon, Hyerin, Yubin and Nakyoung about Riki. The girls had squealed in excitement, asking Asuka to fill them in on every little detail. And she happily complied, relieved that she didn't have to hide this big secret from her friends anymore. Honestly, it was beginning to become a bit too heavy to bear, having to hide something so important from everyone. Asuka was even more grateful when the girls told her that they were happy for Asuka.

"I want to ask him if he'd like to come." Asuka admitted shyly, a pink hue spreading across her cheeks. She had to admit, she really liked Riki. Alot.

"Balguen Mirae has an American football team?" Yoo-yeon asked in disbelief. American football was not a sport that most Korean high schools participated in. Majority of the teams were apart of the Korean American Football Association.

"Yup. It's one of the few schools that does."

"So I'm guessing he's not answering the phone." Hyerin crossed her legs. Asuka shook her head sadly.

"It's fine. He must be busy. He's a much more popular idol than I am anyway. I shouldn't have bothered him to begin with." The smile on Asuka's face clearly couldn't hide her sadness.

"Well, you have a performance to get ready for." Yubin declared, standing up. "Let's help you get ready."

Asuka truly did have great friends.

...

"Make the edges slightly more red!"

"We have to be able to see the white eyeliner too."

"Fix her braids!"

"She definitely embodies the mascot for sure."

Balguen Mirae - Bright Future in English - was Asuka's high school, one she adored very much. Known for housing an American football team, its mascot of a red panda, and luxury utilities, Asuka can happily say that she enjoys school. Transfer her anywhere else and she'd be in big trouble.

"And ta-da! You're all finished Sukie."

Asuka stared at her reflection, wondering who she was looking at, because it certainly was not the Asuka she knew. Her makeup reflected the colors of a red panda - a blended mix of  dark coffee brown, dark rosewood, golden brown, light gray-white eyeliner, and small gems in the corners of her eyes. Asuka's lips were painted a glossy cherry red. Her hair was put into two identical braids, both with a dark red ribbon weaved through them. Asuka's uniform had been ironed to perfection, and it was inspired by Hu Tao of Genshin Impact. Instead of a small ghost pouch, a red panda could be seen stuck in a leaping position. Asuka ghosted her fingertips over the deep brown beret perched atop her head, then over the red and light brown plaid bow pinned to the beret.