01 'First day'

Daryia POV

I stood in front of Stark Tower or I guess Avengers Tower now. It was my first day as his assistant and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I entered slowly, I started feeling self-conscious and thought about how many times I'd changed my outfit before arriving. I had my hair in a loose side braid with some strands of hair out.

'You'll be fine I thought to myself.

Mrs. Potts greeted me by the door as I entered.

"You're Daryia Abbott, right? Hired as Mr. Starks Assistant?" she asked.

"Yeah, that's me" I smiled politely. 

"Follow me, I'll just need you to fill out some paperwork before actually starting," she said.

"Okay, that sounds fine" I replied. 

She led me to her office where she sat me down and gave me some papers to sign and a pen. The papers just said the company couldn't get sued if I got hurt while on the job and I couldn't hold them responsible for it. Once I finished she led me into another room where Mr. Stark was with some of the other avengers. I recognized most of them like the scarlet witch, Captain America, black widow, and then of course iron man. 

"Tony meet Daryia, your new assistant" she gestured toward me.

I smiled. He stood up and shook my hand, "I think we're gonna have a lot of fun together"

I didn't know what he meant by that but I figured it was best not to question it.

"Nice to meet you too" I smiled, shaking his hand. 

"These are the avengers" Mrs. Potts pointed to the rest of the people sitting on the couch.

"Right," snapped Mr. Stark, "This is Steve, Wanda, and Nat; the rest of them are on a mission" 

I smiled at them. They smiled back.  

Mr. Stark then led me to his office.

"Please sit down" he offered.

I sat down.

"I'm calling you here so you know the rules and are comfortable with the work you'll be doing here," he said as soon as he sat down.

I nod.

"First off, you may interact with the avengers however you may not have any sort of friendship or relationship with them," he looks at me seriously.

I nod.

"Your interactions with them are purely professional; they will be given the same warning." 

I nod once more.

"As for the work you'll be doing around here, you'll be helping me sometimes in the lab with Banner, you'll sign paperwork meant for me, and occasionally get me coffee, is that clear?" He finished.

"Yes, of course, Mr. Stark." I nod.

He led me back to the room I was in before. 

"For now can you get lunch?" he asked.

"Of course, anything special you'd like me to pick up?" I ask.

"Uhh, that new place down the street, I'll place the order don't worry, you'll just pick it up" he waved me out which I found rude, but it was Tony Stark what did I expect?

The place was near so I walked instead of using my car, which was a big mistake because turns out he had ordered more than three bags full of food. I arrived at the tower breathless. 

"Ah, Daryia, you've arrived finally" Mr. Stark greeted me. 

I put all the bags of food on the table while Mr. Stark opened them all, looking for his plate. As the rest of the avengers came down to eat, Mrs. Potts pulled me out.

"Daryia, here," she handed me some papers, "I need you to fill these papers out for Tony, please return them back to me once you're done" she handed me a pen at the end.

I went to go sit down at a table to fill the paperwork out. I don't know why I was the one doing them and not his own wife who knows him better than I do. Like I've known him what? three hours? 

It asked for simple questions, like his full name, age, and stuff like that. So it was rather easy, and I finished in a couple of minutes. 

I spent the rest of the day signing stuff and helping clean up the lab after Mr. Stark, and Dr. Banner used it. Soon I had to go home so I told Mr. Stark what time he'd want me back tomorrow, he said it didn't matter as long as I was here at some point. 

I drove back to my apartment and immediately collapsed on my bed. I showered and changed and laid back down slowly falling unconscious. 

The first chapter, starting off pretty boring ngl but it'll get better, I promise 😉

(757 words)