02 'Nightmares'

TWWW

Flashback

"Again"  Madame B hit the back of my leg so I would straighten it, she'd told me multiple times now and I still wasn't doing it, not on purpose, I would just forget. She'd hit the back of my leg so many times it was bleeding, but she didn't care. 

She let me go until I finally remembered to straighten it, but I couldn't walk anymore, so she had two of her men drag me back to my cell. Then she'd have them beat me or rape me whatever they preferred, they mostly preferred rape. 

I started crying after they had left the cell, I slowly pulled my shirt back on and pulled the thin sheet over my head, slowly falling asleep as I taste the salty tears running down my cheek.

End Flashback

I woke up in a pool of my own sweat, my breathing was heavy, I looked at the time. It was 3:21. 

'Two hours, that's a new record' I chuckled to myself. Knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep I stood up.  I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed my eyes glowing green slowly fading away, I had noticed them changing colors like blue and red but never green, so I guess it was a new discovery. 

I went up to the roof of my apartment building and saw the Avengers tower shining brightly in the distance, I remember the picture they showed us back at Hydra; they showed it to us so we would know that the avengers were the bad guys, not us. 

I don't know how long I stayed up there, all I know is that I stayed up to watch the sunrise before changing and heading back to the Tower. 

Once I got there I was greeted once again by Mrs. Potts. I went inside and found Mr. Stark in his office but once he saw me he stood up.

"Daryia, you're back," He opened his arms in a welcoming way, "Care to get me some coffee from down the street?" he asked

"No, of course not, Mr. Stark" I smiled.

"Coffee, Black, add four creamers, and four sugars.

I left the tour and went down the street.

Tony POV

Daryia was nice but she seemed off. Before I hired her I did a background check but I couldn't find anything.

Not a school record. Not a previous job. Not a birth certificate. It was like she appeared out of literally nowhere. That's why I approved her, I wanted to keep an eye on her, make sure she's not the next Hydra, or if she already is.  

So far she was passing the test but girls with no background aren't good news so I kept her distance between my team and her. 

Ik it's short but I'm slowly running out of ideas for the beginning soo deal with it :) 

476 words