Dirty Deals X And X Recovering Knights

Hey, guys. Another upload coming up. Just to let you know, this chapter is mostly a breather from an action-filled chapter. You guys may or may not have noticed me going back to update the chapters. Mostly typos and mistakes that I made. Also, I increased Batman's level to be a bit more accurate with my opinion on overall attributes based on a document I made on the characters. I'm not just counting strength, I count skill, speed, defense, etc.

By the way. Near the end of the first scene, there's a warning for readers who don't like when words get too graphic. Other than that, let's get on with the next part of the story, with the first scene set in the morning after the last chapter.

*****

Floyd Lawton stepped into his kitchen. Sweat dripped from his face as he puffed for a breath after his usual intensive morning workout, a towel draped over his bare shoulders. He opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water.

To Floyd, nothing felt more refreshing than sipping cold water after his daily morning workout to maintain his physique. As much as he enjoyed daily training, it was essential to his lifestyle as one of the top assassins the world had ever seen. His marksmanship is second to none. Death was inevitable for most if they happened to be on his hit list, having their world fall into darkness with a bullet to the head without prior knowledge of the pending danger. He rarely misses his targets and takes great pride in his infamy.

After swigging the bottle dry of the water, Floyd crushed the now-empty container in his hand and tossed it across the kitchen towards the bin, where it landed perfectly. He swept into the living room of his house. The room wasn't anything grand besides the wall plastered with mounted rifles and various firearms. Other than that, it was good enough for Floyd to call home.

Until he dies, that is.

Floyd heard the doorbell ring from his front door and couldn't restrain a sigh. Someone must either be crazy or ignorant if they were visiting Floyd Lawton, of all people. He went to answer the door. Floyd's mouth slightly parted at the sight of his visitor. The visitor's hideously scarred face, showing the imprints of a black-skulled mask, was the first thing that caught Floyd's attention. It required no critical thinking for Floyd to guess his guest's identity.

"Roman Sionis." Floyd said, slightly furrowing his brows at the crime boss.

Behind Black Mask was a gang of masked men in suits accompanying him; either they were there as Sionis' bodyguards or to help gun him down, Floyd didn't know. A woman with narrow glasses stood beside him, holding a clipboard and pen. She wore a generic pencil skirt and blazer, but the assassin was almost fully sure that there was more to the simplistic outfit.

"Floyd Lawton," Black Mask said as he worked a wrinkly smile, letting out a throaty chortle, "Or should I say Deadshot? How're you doin'?"

Floyd didn't respond as he calmly studied the group on his porch. There were five men, and he could see several others waiting beside a couple of cars parked on the curb. He kept this in mind in case he needed to kill them; if the situation called to it, he would not hesitate.

"Relax, I ain't here to start a war. I'm here to discuss some business." Sionis said, hoping to ease the apparent tension. He turned for a sidelong glance at the men behind him, "In fact, the boys can wait outside. How about a one-on-one talk?"

Floyd's eyes returned to Black Mask. He didn't know what the crime boss wanted from him. He could've just called if Sionis was hiring him to kill somebody, or was there something more behind this business that Black Mask spouted?

"Sure," Floyd said, and he stood aside and widened the gap between the doors. Sionis wordlessly stepped inside with his secretary in tow. Floyd lingered as he narrowed his eyes at the mob before shutting the door, violently but silently.