Prologue-

Eckhart Dukedom
(Coming-of-age ball)

Penelope's P.O.V

Why?
Why me?
Do I not deserve to be loved?
I tried, I tried so hard, Why can't I have a happy ending? Why can't I have a family to call my own?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

(Scene shift)

Eckhart Dukedom
(Duke's office)

Author's P.O.V

Duke: Penelope sign this papers.

Penelope: What is this father?

Duke: The emperor have decided to make align with the Obelian Empire, to make this work he decided to conduct a marriage alliance between this two countries...

Penelope was quite. She got it what the Duke was going to say next. She looked around to see
Reynold having a smirk and Derrick having a poker face. She then notice that they were not the only one there Ivonne, Callisto and Winter were also present there.
The Duke continued

Duke: The emperor doesn't have a daughter that is why the emperor wants you to marry the emperor of the Obelian Empire. This are just the formality letter. The real marriage will be held next week.

Penelope had a blank expression. She didn't know what to say. No words where coming out of her mouth. She knew there was no hope in trying anymore. She knew no one was going to object about this more likely they would want her to leave as soon as possible, And why not the Real Lady of Eckhart came back and just like the game everyone loved her. So what was the need of The Fake Lady anymore.

Penelope chuckled and said: Do I really have any choice?

Duke: Think of it as an order or request it's up to you but you have to marry the emperor of Obelian Empire.

Penelope didn't say a single word after that. She just signed the papers and left as she didn't have any mood of arguing with anyone anymore.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys!
This is the first time I am writing a story. I hope you guys like it. If you like this story then please vote and don't forget to share your thoughts about the story in the comment section.
Till then bye, have a nice day....

-361 words