❖▏ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟜▕❖

(The Same Day)

Penelope's P.O.V

Callisto's words were repeatedly ringing in my ears. I should visit the library first. Obelian Empire is a very big and well know Empire, So of course there would be something about the Emperor of Obelian in the world history. It's an Empire that can give Eorka Empire a hard time or can even win if they ever have a war between themselves. Well it probably won't happen now because of this marriage.

I started walking towards the library when I saw two knights approaching me. Those two knights were the ones who were there to keep an eye on me, because of the Duke's order.

They were very tall compared to me, and undoubtedly very much buffed, They probably work out a lot daily to have such a body. They both have brown hairs and hazel colour eyes. They both look alot like each other. They are probably twins I guess. One of them have a deep scar which starts from his right eyebrow to his cheek.

The one with the scar spoke in a deep voice.

Knight 1: My Lady i think you should head back to your room.

Penelope: And who are you to tell me what I should do and don't?

Knight 1: Of course not my lady, How dare a mere knight like me say something like that. I beg my pardon but I think you might have misunderstood my intention.
I was trying to say that you should go back to your room as the Duke have ordered not to roam around the mansion without his permission.

He said in a gentle way. Although it sounded gentle but I felt like I was being mocked.

Penelope: Well I was not 'roaming' around the mansion. I have some work that's why I need to go to the library.

I again started walking towards the library but the other knight blocked me and said.

Knight 2: I am sorry my lady but you can't go to the library. It's my duty to follow the duke's order. I can't disobey him by letting you go to the library. I request you please, return back to your room.

I could feel my left eye twitch because of irritation. I don't have any choice but to return back to my room. I sighed and muttered.

Penelope: Fine.

I started walking back and the knights also started following me.

Soon my room came into my sight. One knight went near the door and opened it for me to enter. As soon as I entered the room the door closed behind me.

The first thing I saw was Emily sitting on the couch with teary eyes. She looked at me and bursts into tears. She came near me and said with quivered lips.

Emily: My Lady are you okay?

I was shocked by her outburst and replied.

Penelope: Yes I am fine Emily, but what happened to you? Why are you crying?

Emily: Then what should I do My lady? They are forcing you to get married to that Emperor, right? How can they force such a young lady like you who just debuted to get married.

Emily said with a hint of anger in her voice while sobbing.

Penelope: Emily first clam down, and tell me who gave you the news of me getting married?

I said while trying to clam her down. When she clamed down a little, she stated.

Emily: While I was going to the kitchen to bring you something to eat, I heard the maids talking about your marriage with the Emperor of Obelian Empire. Is it true My Lady are you really going to get married to the Emperor?