8

I heard the clicking sound of the door and realised that someone was opening it with the key.

I immediately looked into the mirror to see if I looked fine. Setting my hair right, I began thinking about what to tell them about my current feelings.

I expected it to be either Mahi Bhai or Ro, but seeing the person who walked in blew my mind.

'Nush, what are you doing here?' I quickly got up and went towards her.

Her hands were trembling while her face looked pale like never before.

'Vi, I and Ranbir didn't have-'

'Shh' I placed my finger on her lips to silence her and added, 'I trust you Nush, you don't have to explain anything to me. Also we aren't together anymore so even if there's something happening between you two, it's none of my business.'

She drapped her arms around me and clutched tightly, laying her head on my chest and said, 'I haven't moved on from you and refuse to accept that we aren't together anymore.'

And that sentence from her was enough for me to let down my guards.

'I'm so sorry for being so selfish. That was a dumb thing to do. I thought if I break up with you, I'll not have to think and miss you. But now after bring away from you I've realised that even if I break up with you, I'll never be able to move on from you. Just like how I can't replace the person named Saroj as my mother, I'll never be able to replace Anushka Sharma as the love of my life.'

She leaned in tighter into the hug and planted a kiss on my chest and titled her face above to make eye contact with me.

'Even I shouldn't have brought the term break up into our discussion that day. I thought that maybe saying so will make you realise the seriousness of what you were saying. But I messed up.' she said.

'All of this wouldn't have happened if I didn't behave so stupidly. So don't you dare put the blame on yourself.' I told her and meant it.

'Also why was your phone switched off?' I asked.

'Phew long story. The thing is I and Ranbir wanted to just stay for a day or two as we've been shooting continuously without getting the chance to wander in the city. So we've sent our entire luggage back with the team except for my hand bag which had our essentials like visa, passport and some money. We've put our phones and extra money in another bag and accidentally sent it back with the team. All our cards were in it to too. So the two of us were stuck in the city with no phones and very less money but luckily had our visas and passports.' she sighed as she explained.

'So you didn't know that the CC tv footage has been leaked until you reached India?' I asked her.

'Nope.'

'And wait, did you travel from Mumbai to Bangalore because I wasn't attending your calls and you were worried about what I was thinking?' I asked to confirm.

'Yeah, I didn't know what I was thinking. I've just gone with the flow.'

'Ok I have something to confess.' I cleared my throat, disengaged from the hug and walked to my side table to drink water.

I walked back to her, got down on my knee and pulled out the ring that I've sneaked into my pocket while drinking water and said, ' We are two individuals who have to contribute a lot of our time to our careers. We might not be that couple who'd wake next to each other every single day or the ones to come home to each other at the end of each night but are the ones who'll love each other with their whole heart, no matter the distance. Anushka Sharma, you are the leading lady of Bollywood and will have many commitments leaving very few off days for you. Will you spend all your free time with me?'

'Don't tell me that you've made up this speech in this moment.' her eyes soaked in tears.

'Yes I did, though I'm ready to take time to make another one which is more beautiful than this, if you aren't happy with this one.'

'Your mere presence makes me happy,  Yes, I want to be by your side when ever I can.' she extended her hand.

'Don't you think you should be asking something else too?' she prompted.

'I will, but that's for some other day, at a even more beautiful location rather than the bedroom I'm sharing with Ro.' I said putting the ring on her finger.

'But I only have one ring finger on my left hand. Also why do you have a ring with you at this moment? Were you planning to give it to someone else? Oh is it Ro?' she asked dramatically placing her hands on her heart.

'I doubt if this ring is gonna fit on his finger. And no, like I said already, you are irreplaceable in my life and I'd never look at any other woman the way I look at you.' I stood up and inched closer to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

Stroking her cheek with my thumb I asked her, 'Can I kiss you?'

'Do you even need permission to do so?' she asked before positioning her face so close to mine that there's barely a centimetre distance between our lips.

I cupped her cheeks with both my palms while she wrapped her hands around my torso as I filled the gap between our lips.

'I love you.' she said breathlessly as we broke the kiss.

'I love you too. I'll never let you go for the rest of my life. I can bet my life on that.' I told her meaning it with my whole heart cause in her eyes I saw my future.

A/N:

A/N:

Here's the third and final update of the day and also of the story. I really hope that reading this story was worth your time.

And thanks to each and every one of you who spared a few minutes and dropped in-line comments ❤️ and to those who've voted🤍

See y'all tomorrow with an update in time travel ( though I hope that the comments goal will be reached on the 10 th chapter)

Stay safe and happy 💕