End of Mating Season

~1 week ago~

One soul on the Earth, and one alone, happened to be standing by to see all the action happening between the girls and turtles. April. April O' Neil. She watched as Raphael left the hotel grumbling, cursing, and punching things that were close to him.

"What is going on here?" She whispered to herself as she swatted a lock of her long brown hair out of her face. She watched the large reptile descend into a sewer pipe. She grinned to herself as she quietly but quickly jogged over to the entrance. It had been ages since she'd seen the turtles. April looked around a few times before she entered the sewer landing with a soft thud. Water pooled around her heeled boots causing her to grimace and dry heave. Disgusting.

April walked until she found a door....the door that led to the lair. She made sure to not touch the walls as she walked, even if she ended up losing balance. Voices could be hear from where she was, gruff, deep voices.

"You did what, Raphael!"

That was all April could hear, the voices soon turned to muffles. After a moment of silence, she reached out a shaky hand and gripped the door handle. as she twisted it, an unlatching noise sounded throughout the tunnels. The door wooshed open revealing four oblivious large green turtles.

April had to cover her mouth to keep from gasping. She'd seen this before, just not up this close. As she was backing away, slowly, her heel slipped out from under her and caused her to fall with a loud oof.

The turtle's froze and looked at one another. They slowly looked around the lair until they spotted April, looking like a deer in headlights.

"I-its her!" Screamed Mikey who was after her first. The rest of the turtle's followed. April screamed an ear shattering scream before quickly stumbling up to run.

The four brothers split up into different parts of the sewer to look for April. She ran through the pipe lines in hopes of finding an exit. All that was heard was the running of water and her heels clicking on the ground.

"Of all the shoes, I picked heels to wear today!" She whisper yelled to herself, allowing her eyes to water up in fear. April, spotted an exit and ran for it. She ran as if her life depended on it, which it probably did. Just as she got to the ladder, her body went flying through the air.

Leonardo was responsible for this. He had launched her all the way over to Raphael.
"Finally, I can see the one person who singlehandedly almost caused all of our deaths." Raphael growled as he reached down and gripped her long brown hair. "You know they almost drained my brother's blood because of you." He seethed.

April was now letting tears fall freely from her eyes. "Let *gasp* me go." She whispered as he lips quivered.

"I'm gonna-"

"Enough!" Leonardo shouted and grabbed April away from the turtle's death grip. "You're scaring her."

"Good." Raphael responded in an uncaring tone.

Leo shot his brother one last glare before leading April back to the lair. "We just wanna...talk."

"I'm telling the truth, I was only curious." April squealed at the top of her lungs, as she dangled from the rope that she hung from.

"Curious about what?" Mikey asked in a threatening voice that even surprised his brothers.

"I've been keeping a close eye on you all, along with Casey. Yeah, he told me all about his friends. I wanted to know you guys were alive, and see it for myself." April pleaded.

The turtle's glanced at each other for a moment before turning back to April. Before they could even respond, Splinter walked in.

"What is going o- April?'' Master Splinter exclaimed as he walked in.
"You've returned I see?" He added coldly.