Chapter 3: Investigation Begins

The next day, Olivia woke up early and decided to visit the Walmart store. She wanted to talk to some of the employees and see if they had any information about the strange occurrences that had been happening in the store. As she walked into the store, she noticed that it was eerily quiet. There were no customers in sight and the only sound she could hear was the faint hum of the fluorescent lights.

She approached one of the employees who was stocking shelves and introduced herself. "Hi, my name is Olivia and I'm a private investigator. I'm looking into some strange occurrences that have been happening in this store. Have you noticed anything unusual?"

The employee looked at her with a mix of fear and suspicion. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said before quickly walking away.

Olivia didn't give up. She approached another employee and asked the same question. This time, the employee seemed more willing to talk. "Yeah, there's something weird going on here," he said in a hushed voice. "I've heard strange noises coming from the stockroom and I swear I saw something move on the security cameras, but when I went to check it out, there was nothing there."

Olivia thanked the employee and decided to investigate the stockroom. As she made her way to the back of the store, she couldn't shake the feeling that someone or something was watching her. The stockroom was dimly lit, and the shelves were stacked high with boxes and merchandise. She noticed that there was a strange smell in the air, a mixture of musty old books and rotting food.

As she made her way deeper into the stockroom, she heard a faint whispering sound. She couldn't make out what was being said, but it sounded like a group of people whispering in unison. The sound grew louder and louder until it was almost deafening. Suddenly, the shelves around her began to shake violently, and boxes started falling from the top shelves.

Olivia ducked behind a nearby shelf for cover, but the shaking and the whispers continued. She tried to call out for help, but her phone had no signal. She was trapped, alone in the dark with whatever was causing the disturbance.

Just when she thought it couldn't get any worse, the whispers stopped, and the shaking subsided. Olivia took a deep breath and slowly peeked out from behind the shelf. To her surprise, everything was back to normal. The boxes were neatly stacked, and there was no sign of any disturbance.

Confused and frightened, Olivia quickly made her way out of the stockroom and headed for the store manager's office. She needed to find out more about the history of the store and any strange occurrences that had happened in the past.

The store manager, a middle-aged man named Greg, greeted her warmly and invited her to sit down. "What can I do for you, Olivia?" he asked.

"I'm a private investigator, and I'm looking into some strange occurrences that have been happening in your store," she explained. "Do you know of any history of hauntings or paranormal activity in this store?"

Greg's face turned pale, and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I was hoping you wouldn't ask that," he said in a low voice. "There have been rumors of strange things happening in this store for years. People have reported hearing voices, seeing apparitions, and experiencing strange phenomena."

Olivia leaned in closer. "Do you know anything about the history of the building?" she asked.

Greg took a deep breath. "The building used to be a mental hospital," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "It was shut down in the 1970s." Said Greg.As they walked around the abandoned house, they heard strange noises and creaking sounds coming from the walls and floorboards. It was as if the house itself was alive, breathing and groaning with a sinister energy. They cautiously made their way through the dusty rooms, keeping their eyes and ears peeled for any signs of danger.