03: Victory

“LEAVE THIS TO US!”

y/n nodded with a grateful smile. “thank you, everyone!”. they just chuckled in response to her. 'ahhh everyone is so kind!'

“that's the crew for ya.” vivi said while putting a hand on the two-tone haired girl. the latter then flushed and just about she was going to open her mouth, a crash resonated from her back causing her to turn: alerted.

“that's damn enough.” the people inside the inn tensed. because there stood a different choulou they had seen. instead of his usual bulky figure, his build got even more big. there are prominent veins running down his arms while his face holds a deep frown. he is also sweating profusely, ew.

luffy's straw hat shadowed his face and he turned to look at the bigger man. “oi, sanji, zoro.” the two mentioned men let out a hum. “yes, captain?” sanji asked while taking an inhale of his cigarette. “evacuate the people and let me handle churros”. choulou's face turned red in anger and embarrassment while the straw hats just let out noises of mirth.

“this fucking—”

“then i guess we're leaving ya here?” queried zoro who looks like he just got out of nap. luffy laughed and nodded his head, still not facing his crew. y/n smiled in amusement and again went to ubuyashiki's side. the older man smiled at her familiar presence.

“you found great friends, y/n.” he spoke softly. y/n bobbed her head, looking at the crowd of people with admiration twinkling in her eyes. “i did, oyakata-sama. but! we have to go now, come come.” the girl helped the sick man stand up on his own two feet. choulou saw her and immediately took action.

he ran to her with immense speed that y/n did not have the time to react. and time seems to slow, she used her body to shield her master's. but before she could feel the impact of choulou's bulging fist, the man was met with another fist on his face. he crashed at the back of the inn and on the streets.

GOMU GOMU NO PISTOL!

'w-woah!'

“go ahead! leave this to me!”, luffy once again urges them to move. usopp hurried to y/n and helped her with ubuyashiki. the others followed the two out of the inn and left their captain. while leaving, the last thing they heard were distant screams and a shout of gomu gomu no bazooka’

 while leaving, the last thing they heard were distant screams and a shout of ‘gomu gomu no bazooka’

reaching the streets, all they can see are people running and houses on fire. worry clouded y/n's vision, her brows furrowed in anger and even more when she saw a man approaching a crying child with a cruel smile. y/n dropped her hold on ubuyashiki and went straight to the child and man.

“y-y/n?” usopp squeaked, seeing the serious expression and almost popping veins on the woman's face. “please take care of oyakata-sama. i'll be back.” the long haired boy could only nod at her and adjusted the sick man's arm on his shoulder.

“hey, kid. where's your mother?” the weeping child turned his face to the big man before him. his breath hitched in fear and more tears seemed to flow down his already red eyes. “m-mommy… i don't know…” the man's grin stretched more and took a step closer to the boy until he felt a sting on his cheek followed by a drop of blood.

“w-what—” “what do you think you are doing?” the man removed his gaze on the child and looked straight to y/n who had taken her blade out. the look on her face was feral. furrowed brows, gritted teeth, heavy breaths, and a dark look in her eyes.

“y-you! how dare you!” the male's grip on his sword got tighter and took a fighting stance. y/n raised a brow at this and released a breathy chuckle. “huh? you really think you can stand a fight against me?” she taunted the raged adult.

“you'll regret saying that you bitch!" even though he was already screaming bloody murder and curses, the girl only turned to the boy and took his hand with a gentle smile. “let's get you out of here, 'kay?” the little boy sniffed and nodded. she gestured for him to run at the small group of people evacuating the citizens. he immediately ran with his two feet.

y/n felt a presence behind her and whipped her head, grabbing the blade that's inches from slicing her face. the man's eye widened as he tried to take his sword back but it did not budge and instead, he got pulled. it took him off guard and went stumbling to his feet. when his face was near enough, y/n sent a devastating punch to his face. because of the force, he fell to the ground with rolled back eyes, bleeding nose, broken teeth, and already forming bruises.

y/n snapped out of her rage and immediately panicked. “o-oh no! what did i do— ahhh! sorry sorry!” she bowed to the lifeless body of the man she beat the shit out of. a chuckle was heard from her back and she let out a confused noise. 'huh?' and there stood luffy in his glory with a few broken teeth and wounds. y/n panicked even more and quickly ran to luffy, hugging him.

“luffy-san! thank you! thank you!”

“SHISHISHISHI! t'was nothing! but man, i'm kinda hungry. that churros was a pain in the ass!” y/n giggled and nodded thinking that she would cook the best feast for the captain and his crew.

“yes, yes, i'm sure he was. come! let's go back to the others!”

 come! let's go back to the others!”

HAPPY WOMEN'S MONTH!!!!!!