Fitz

*Alvar's POV* (After he disappears after regaining his memory)

I dashed away from my psycho brother, following my fellow members of the Neverseen as we dashed towards the Everglen troll hive where Ruy would capture them all in his force fields. I grimaced as I imagined the other way things could've gone back there... for a few minutes, things hadn't been looking all that good with Fitz.

"Come on!" Ruy yelled snappishly, urging me forward. It wasn't until then that I noticed I was slowing down because I was lost in my thought. Run now, I told myself, think later.

As we approached the hive I saw Vespera standing there haughtily, her pale face and blackish hair clashed and her incredibly sharp features defined her face, a warning, I thought. 

I approached her cautiously. Her voice triggered my memories and brought them all back to me. Every Neverseen secret, every part of this intricate plan I had developed. I craned my neck, preparing to see Sophie Foster and her friends come over any time soon since they knew that we would open the gate and release the troll mutants.

"Are they coming soon?" Umber hissed impatiently. Her dark skin and black hair made her a silent menace, utterly terrifying, but with her own sort of deadly grace. Trix shot her a worried glance and I eyed Gisela, surely she would answer the question. 

But, all too soon I spotted someone in the corner of my eye. Umber was opening the door to the troll hive. I grimaced as I spotted the pods filled with a strange orange liquid. The majority were wriggling, because of the mutated troll babies inside, and some appeared to be clawing their way out.

Trix noticed it too. "Umber, stop!" He shouted and I only stared at a troll jumped for her. Before I could blink the door came crashing down, crushing her and in another blink of an eye Fitz was standing before me. He snarled something at me before muttering to himself. I stumbled uneasily, tripping, and before I knew what was happening I was inside an emptied pod. 

Fitz stared, Biana was at his side. I attempted to climb out the door but the two were frantically pressing buttons. I grimaced, I was stuck. But that was hardly the worst of my fears when I noticed orange goo starting to fill the pod.

*Y/N's POV*

I was waiting outside of Everglen. I knew my parents had wanted me to go to the Celestial Festival with my friends but I'd declined since I'd already promised to hang out with Alvar until his parents returned. 

The gate was closed, but the Vackers had told me about a secret way to get inside. A small door near the back that not even their own children knew of. I jogged over and unlocked it with the shimmering key Della had lent me.

When I got inside I could tell something was wrong. There were shouting, and unfamiliar voices, ruining the blissful silence. I tried to find out where it was coming from, the voices sounded as if they were coming from the lake but I only shook my head. No one was foolish enough to go for a swim alone at night, and plus, who could get in here but a Vacker?

I don't know when, but I had decided to go down and check out the lake anyways when my feet instinctively led me there. As I approached the voices became louder, and not only that but there were screams and loud roars as well.

"Hello?" I shouted. No one answered. "Hello?" I attempted shouting again. I didn't get a reply, but still, my curiosity got the best of me. 

I was practically at the bank of the lake when I saw it. A hive. Or at least it looked like the troll hives that I'd studied in the elite levels of Foxfire. There was also a bright orange glow... fire. I gasped, did that mean there was a pyrokinetic?

Running forward I heard screams and cries and shouts. I saw the outlines of several elves wearing black cloaks, and soon enough I saw the eye on their cloaks. Neverseen.

As I ran up towards the hive I thought about what this meant. Did Alvar lie? I wondered. Was he still part of the Neverseen? It was bad enough that he'd forgotten me, the girlfriend he'd decided to dedicate himself to, but did he really still devote himself to those murderers' causes?

"Alvar?!" I cried, not knowing what else to shout. No one answered but I heard a few more shouts from the hive. Despite myself, I ran into the hive, staring partially in awe yet mostly with fear as I saw the trolls. 

I glanced around, hiding behind a crate to avoid the battle. I saw that girl... Sophie Foster? Well, she was fighting with a pale figure with black hair tied up and remarkable sharp features. Keefe Sencen, Dex Dizznee, Marella Redek, and both of the other Vacker siblings were there too. They were the only ones I recognized anyways. 

I finally spotted Alvar in a pod. I gasped. The orange goop was three-quarters of the way full and he was standing with his back straightened, hardly able to keep his head up and breathe. 

Without thinking I ran over and started jabbing buttons with my fingers. After a few attempts, one finally seemed to slow the goo filling the pod. I glanced at the rest of the buttons I hadn't tried. Which one would open the door sealing him in? Which one would drain the pod?

I decided to try a circular green button. It only darkened the shining lights on the control panel. I grumbled to myself. "Please don't die Alvar," I whispered, glancing at his concentrated face, which was mainly focused on holding his breath at this point. 

Finally, I slammed my fist down on a bright red button. The door to the pod opened and the liquid spewed out, followed by Alvar who was choking on the goo since he'd been anxious to get air.

I ran over. "Alvar!" I exclaimed, dragging him behind a different crate. The fighting had moved on outside but I still had to be careful. Examining him I used my sleeve to wipe the goop off his face before gently kissing his forehead.

At that moment his cobalt blue eyes met mine and he stared up at me. "I remember you now, Y/N," he muttered, "ever since I got my memories back."

I smiled, even though I shouldn't have. He'd actually betrayed everyone and revealed a troll hive that should never have existed, but I loved him. And I didn't care what any elf thought. 

A/N - Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I felt like writing something longer for this but I guess I got a bit lazy when deciding on a story so this is more action than romance. I also named it Fitz because I ran out of ideas and I guess they both hate Fitz so yeah that's that. Anyways it might be a bit until I post the next one-shot but I won't stop writing this since I love Alvar myself.