Forgiveness Is Not In My Vocabulary

The Olympians had realized what they had done believing some monster over their hero that has fought for them through 2 wars and has become the Bane of Monsters. They immediately started acting like they'd never betrayed me and Poseidon started saying, "Son will you please come back to camp. I'm sorry I disowned you, however I would like my son back." The only problem was that I had been through so much pain because of them that now I could never forgive them unless Hestia who was the only trustworthy god that I had ever met told me they were sincere and right now she looked anything but convinced. 

My reaction was immediate as the shadowhunters stared on in confusion, "I am NOT your son I will NEVER be your son EVER again! I not go back to camp just because you asked me to, I will stay with my uncle and you can all fade and go to Tartarus before I ever call you my family again!" 

Zeus was the next one to speak up, "HOW DARE YOU" he thundered, "YOU INSOLENT BRAT! You dare to disrespect my brother so!" Cue eye roll from both Magnus and I as my response came after his pathetic attempt to get me to bow down, "Well Zeusy I don't believe you ever got along with you're OH SO DEAR brother to even be able to defend him. I don't care what you think you can do to me. I want you to know you can't do anything to me. Welcome to Brooklyn where angels exist and therefore we don't have to listen to you. I could just banish you from entering this part of New York ever again." 

All the gods in the room gulped and some even began to flash out. However out of the ones left there were Hera, Hestia, Athena and Artemis, aka the only smart gods that don't talk about cereal. Hera then spoke up surprising me with what she said, "Perseus, I know that I have done you a lot of wrong in the past, however as the goddess of family I could tell that your mother loved you so much and your uncle would never leave you and before I go I would like to give you my blessing without my cheating and incredibly stupid husband's knowledge. Would you accept that?" 

That statement alone brought tears to my eyes as I managed to choke out, "I would love to have your blessing." Not long after Hera said an incantation in Greek that translates to: Oh Hero you have won favor amongst gods and have been blessed by the most bitter one of them all you have been found worthy oh noble hero, I was then engulfed in a white light that made me feel a little stronger and then I looked around the room and I could see familial bonds. 

I soon ran up to the goddess who had gifted me and threw my arms around her thanking her. Hera then flashed out as Artemis stepped forward. What she said next may have surprised me more than Hera apologizing for her actions. Artemis then said, "Perseus I would like to offer you my blessing and I would like to give you a title that has never been given to a man before, I would like to give you the title of the friend of the Hunt do you accept?" 

I was so taken aback that it took be a minute to respond, "It would be my honor to accept such a title, and I would gladly accept your blessing." Artemis then began to chant in ancient greek. The chant translated to: Friend of the hunt you have been blessed by the maiden goddess, she has chosen you as a decent male to be so blessed by the one who drives the moon, a minute later a ball of silver floated into my chest. 

Artemis then spoke up, "You shall be able to feel your blessing at night, because I blessed you with the power to draw strength from the moon and run as fast as my hunters are able to." 

Athena then stepped forward, "Perseus I am so sorry for what my daughter had done as she was the one who said you were a spy for Gaia and of course since she was my daughter I believed her over the demigod who's fatal flaw is loyalty. I hope that you forgive me." She flashed out with Artemis after apologizing profusely. Hestia then offered me the place of her champion which is a title that had never been awarded in the history of the gods. I accepted and then answered all the questions that were about to come my way as the Shadowhunters came out of the stupor. 

AN

Thank you for reading this chapter. I am so sorry I haven't published in forever. I promise to start trying to update this story once a month. Thank you for sticking with me.

-Mer