Chapter 5

SilverShade shook her head.

What is he doing here? 

He couldn't be one of these horrid cats, he seemed so nice...

"Hey Silver," he purred, bounding forward and touching noses with her. SilverShade blinked, backing away.

"That's my daughter," Hawk growled, taking a menacing step forward,"As far as I'm concerned, rat, you shouldn't even be looking at me, so why do you think it should be different with my daughter low blood."

"Yeah," Flec snickered, standing beside SilverShade and Hawk. SilverShade growled at the black tom, her eyes pressed close to her head and her lips drawn back.

"Stay away from me," She hissed, turning her back on him. I don't do well with cats like you. She thought savagely.

You tricked me.

How did he trick you?

I don't know... He just... did!

Wow, you should become lawyer, Silver.

Why am I talking to myself?

SilverShade felt fur brush against her side. "Thanks for letting me live," Flec purred, shouldering her good naturedly. SilverShade smiled dully.

"I'm going to go hunting." She said to Flec, turning around and padding through towards the fire woods. She felt him leave her, turning back to Hawk.

She scented rabbit, so instead veered off into the moor. The scent of heather was almost sickeningly strong as she followed its fresh scent. She spotted long brown ears, and crept forward, she felt the wind blow in her face. It wouldn't scent her yet.

When she was a few paw steps away, she leapt out, snarling. Her claws missed its tail but she pursued it through the long grass, stems lashing at her face. Just as she was getting close again, she saw a nimble ginger paw lash out, tripping it. It squealed as it face planted in the dirt, and the wiry she-cat leapt on its back, cracking it neck quickly.

"That was my prey." SilverShade growled, her hackles raised. The light ginger she-cat's ear twitched. She was small with the form of a strange cat known as a siamese, but she had the patterns of orange tiger, which made a beautiful, but strange cat.

"I was stalking it before you." The stranger hissed, her voice sweet and melodic. SilverShade heard heavy breathing and turned.

"Great catch, Holly! You we're fast! Faster than this cat, and she was fast." A kitten chirped, her tortoiseshell fur rippling under her muscular build. Holly gazed at the kitten, her amber eyes unreadable. What a strange pair, SilverShade thought. "You can have it, you look skinny."

SilverShade said, eyeing the Holly's thin stomach.

"Holly has plenty of food, she just runs a lot." The tortoiseshell laughed. Her amber gaze bright. Holly's fur was still prickling with cold suspicion.

"Lets go." Holly said, nudging the kitten away from SilverShade. "I'm Adventure, by the way." The kitten called, her amber eyes peeking over Holly's shoulder as the sandy she-cat pushed her along.

"Thats not your name anymore, they changed it, your Lala now." Holly muttered, disappearing into the grass, though SilverShade could still hear her Lala's loud voice. "That's my wildcat name!"

SilverShade shook her head in confusion, picking up the rabbit and heading for her camp.

"SilverShade! What happened to you?"  SharkTooth cried, she had been sitting in a tree when SilverShade had gotten back.