THE FIRST PLAGUE

"Yes, I believe we do. Who are you, and how did you come here?" I asked seriously.

"Well, Moses...my name is Rani, and I'm here to help. These are my sisters and cousin--Krishna, Kimiya, Jamie and Mei." The first little girl said. "I got your name just by God saying it." she seemed to know my next question about knowing my name.

"We were at that burning bush. We saw you, but you didn't see us. We stowed away after that, sir. You didn't notice that we did, but it happened." Jamie said.

"How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked.

"Krishna, Kim and I are seven, and Mei just turned eight. Jamie's thirteen." Rani explained.

"You girls should know that what I'm doing here is dangerous, and you really shouldn't be here alone." I pointed out somewhat sternly.

"Well, technically, we're not alone. We're with you, and you're an adult." Rani pointed out.

I sighed. She did have a point there.

"She's right, sir. Even before we came to you, we were in a group." Mei added.

"What's up with that guy that just walked out and punished the slaves? He have it in for you?" Krishna wondered before I was about to ask something else.

"Somewhat...Yes...God did say at the burning bush that Pharaoh wouldn't listen to me. It's just happened, and he's already told me he won't let them go." I said.

"That tough, huh? LEMME AT HIM." Krishna's temper flared.

"I-it's not that simple, Krishna. Nothing about this is." I said in protest.

"Why?" Jamie asked with Mei.

"Well...for one thing, the Pharaoh is my brother...my adopted brother." I said.

"Yikes! That makes things so much harder, doesn't it?!" Rani gasped in shock.

I nodded.

"WHAT?! THAT PINHEAD IS YOUR BROTHER?!!" Krishna bellowed.

"Well he certainly didn't act very brotherly to me!" Jamie said.

Mei and Kimiya nodded in agreement.

"Again, it's not that simple." I said. "You think I want to confront him? You think I want to be his enemy? I don't, in fact that's the last thing I want, is to have Rameses as my enemy, but I have no choice. My people have to be set free." I pointed out.

"I bet you had a bond with him, didn't you?" Rani said after listening to my explanation.

"I did. For a very long time. I never thought it'd be like this. So I have to press on." I said sadly.

"Maybe we can help," Jamie offered.

"You can help by finding your parents first." I said. "Like I said, the situation is already dangerous, and you're not safe from Rameses' wrath."

"You said so yourself that we shouldn't be alone. Maybe if you can look for our parents with us, we'll get out of your hair once we find them." Krishna said. "But we will step in if need be. There's more to us than you think you know, dude."

"I'll hold you to that promise. Traveling by yourselves isn't a good idea, anyway. Until we find your parents, just stay by me, and my wife, Tzipporah." I instructed as we left the throne room, and out into the open air full of heat and dryness, where we met up with Tzipporah, and told her everything.

Out of all five girls present, Rani and Mei were the only girls who did not meet my wife until we left the palace. The girls all giggled when Tzipporah told them how she and I first met. Everyone except Krishna fawned over how we both fell in love.