ONWARD TO FREEDOM

Muttering angrily, and a quiet Moses behind me, I stalked out of the palace, where I was met by Krishna, Kim, Mei and Jamie.

"So? Is he gonna do it?" Jamie asked. "Yes or no?"

Moses shook his head sadly.

"No?!" Kimiya gasped.

"No," Moses sighed.

"But why?" Mei was shocked.

"He's stubborn, that's why!" I grumbled.

"IS HE CRAZY?!!!" Krishna groaned in irritation. "There's a final plague coming and HE DOESN'T CARE?!"

"Seems like it," I grumbled.

"I tried, but his heart is still hardened. I'm dreading this one, more than any of the others." Moses said as we all walked back to the Hebrew side of the kingdom.

"Why's that?" Jamie asked.

"It would mean the death of every firstborn child. Rameses has a son, and I fear that his son might be dead with this last plague." Moses explained.

"Ooh, not good." Krishna's eyes widened with dread.

"They don't deserve any of this." Kim said sadly. "No one does."

"If anything, it's gonna be Rameses' fault." Jamie said.

"How're you feeling about this, Moses?" Mei asked.

"My heart breaks for my former subjects, and for Rameses. I was once their Prince, and his brother. But...this might be the only way to set my people free." Moses said.

JOSHUA'S POV

"God has come to me again saying, 'Take a lamb, and with its blood, mark the lintel and posts of every door, for tonight, I shall pass through the land of Egypt, and smite all the firstborn. But when I see the blood upon your door, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not enter'."

I wiped the door posts stained with lamb's blood, shaking in realization, and humbled by this. My ancestors from my father's side of the family had done this so long ago, and I was in the midst of history. I closed the door, and sank down, humbled, my being about to sob. Victor's hand was on my shoulder.

"Are you all right?" Moses asked me.

"I'm in the midst of a historic and biblical event. This means so much. Back when I was growing up in my timeline, my father would always be so overprotective of me, and I didn't understand. I resented him for it, and wondered why he was so bent on protecting me. He told me the day before he died saving other people, that he was a victim of something terrible, and he came out of it a survivor. He never really talked about it because it was so traumatizing, but once he did, a weight was lifted off my shoulders. My mother also went through traumatizing things, but she told me when she was ready to. With this, I can now appreciate what both of my parents went through." I told him through tears.

"I'm sure your parents had very good intentions. I know they would be proud of the man that you've become." Moses said.

I chuckled meekly.

"Same with Yocheved, if she was here," I wiped my eyes.

Moses smiled.

END POV

I groggily got up and went with Moses back to the palace when he told me that the plague was over. I summoned my scepter again, just in case Rameses did anything.

But all I heard coming back to the palace, was crying heard all around. My eyes widened, and my stomach dropped when I saw Rameses set his son down on a table and covered him up with a blanket. He bowed his head. Moses also looked sad.