8 MORE AND A FINAL CONFRONTATION

The guards all ran back to the sail barge, all panicking. One guard I saw accidentally stained Rameses' armbands and skirt.

"HOTEP! HUY! EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!" Rameses roared.

I watched as the priests recreated the same thing, but I was still confident. God's power was bigger than the priests.

"Abandon this futile mission, Moses! I've indulged you long enough! This must now be FINISHED." Rameses called out before crossing his arms.

"No, Rameses." I said quietly. "This is only beginning."

"Ohhh, buddy, you think this plague is bad? Well, get ready for a dose of Karma. 9 more are coming your way, each one worse than the last." I heard Joshua say.

I remembered that Joshua was from another timeline. I wondered if Rani and her siblings and cousin were from the same time as Joshua.

"But Moses, didn't you see what happened?" Aaron asked nervously. "The priests did the same thing. Pharaoh still has the power over our lives."

"Yes, Aaron, it's true. Pharaoh has the power." I had to be honest. "He can take away your food, your home, your freedom." 

I can see that all eyes were on me. I went on.

"He can take away your sons and daughters, and with one word, Pharaoh can take away your very lives." I said. "But there is one thing he cannot take away from you--your faith. Believe, for we will see God's wonders." I looked towards the palace.

I felt a tug.

"Moses, I was thinking about what you said to Aaron earlier, that you didn't see because you didn't wish to see. What did you mean by that?" Mei asked. 

I was about to answer when--

END POV

"You were born of my mother, Yocheved! You are our brother!"

"Enough of this! I SAID ENOUGH!"

"The Hebrews grew too numerous."

"Father, tell me you didn't do this."

"Sacrifices must be made. They were only slaves."

"Stop it! STOP IT! LEAVE THAT MAN ALONE!" 

"MOSES! MOSES!!!" 

"You're the son of a Hebrew slave through and through, and I think it's time you start embracing your roots."

I saw visions of the past. I saw a baby being put in a basket by his mother. I saw the baby grow into a mischievous young man, saw him run away from a younger Rameses when he knew the truth and after he stopped a guard from whipping an old man, and the last thing I saw was Moses as he looked now, with my Daddy's voice telling him to embrace his roots, whatever that meant.

I let go of Moses' robes and I felt really tired. I felt myself fainting, falling--I felt him hold me, and saw his worried features, saw his staff on the ground.

"Rani! Rani, get ahold of yourself! Are you okay?" Moses had me by the waist.

"Mmm-hmmm..." I said groggily falling into his arms, my head against his shoulder.

"I've got you," Moses reassured while I could sense he was worried.

"What's going on? Will the little one be all right?" Miriam asked.

"It's the Scepter, drawing power, Miriam. It's happened to me once when I first became Sorcerer, and I had test missions." I heard Daddy say, reassuring. "It's the first time she's used it. I should have told you that I'm no longer the Sorcerer. I was going to help you out with this, Moses, but King Mufasa had since had a cub, and it was time to pass the Scepter to my youngest daughter so she could serve the next King. Rani's power is a tiny light now, but the more she uses it, and her Scepter, the more her power will grow, and the more she will be accustomed to it."