Chapter 5 part 1

Fahmaan was taking a nap in the afternoon when the loud ringing of his old landline phone in the apartment's living room broke the tranquilly of his bedroom.

 Last week has been arduous for him with his co-star throwing tantrums every two seconds while shooting. Getting a like-minded co-star in this industry is an unspoken blessing. Whatever the case, there is no going back now. The contract was signed long ago . 

Slowly he padded towards the living room after carelessly sliding his feet into the pair of slippers that were sitting at the foot of the bed.

 He muttered "Hello" and waited for the other person to react while leaning against his kitchen's pristine marble counter. His tone screamed irritation.

"Fahmaan are you ready ? "Vivek said urgently.

"Now that Dad has failed to get him married .He has resorted to blackmailing him through his assistant "he thought running a hand through his hair and massaging his temple to rein in his temper.It would be an understatement to say that he was annoyed by his father for repeatedly bringing up the subject and then pulling off this ruse.

"I thought you worked for me not for my Father, Vivek ."He barked into the receiver. 

"I -I know I work for u Fahmaan. That's why I thought I should – "

"That's why you thought you should join hands with my father "Fahmaan almost yelled. 

"Whaaaa... "

"Just stop being so fucking dense on purpose Vivek "

As if his Father's constant ramblings and his present co-star weren't enough to give him headaches that Vivek had to join the gang .So , quite naturally Fahmaan took out all his pent-up frustration On Vivek .As always .

"Are you certain that was the reason of your distress Fahmaan ?Not a  doe-eyed beauty who often invades your thoughts and refuses to leave on her own." his subconcious smirked evilly . 

He wasn't in the right frame of mind to reflect on how much his parents loved Sumbul. Even though the concept moved to the back of his mind, he never totally forgot about it. Her films were frequently discussed by his parents, who adored her and acted as though their once-close relationship hadn't changed in the slightest.

In other words ,unlike Fahmaan and her's their bond survived the test of time 

He even saw Shahbaaz crying when Sumbul left HIM 

Left THEM .

Sumbul's father frequently travelled the nation choreographing people. Therefore, in the absence of her own father, Sumbul found a father figure in Shahbaaz.

Yet she left .

 Like a fucking COWARD  she was .

 She used to say that she despises people who flee from their problems, but she herself chose  the simpler solution and fled, leaving him to figure out his life on his own.

 HYPOCRITE

"Best Friends they used to call each other . A humourless chuckle leaves his lips whenever he thinks about the term "Friends". He wondered whether he ever mattered to her or was he not significant enough for her to look back to the life they shared .

SELFISH .

He most likely didn't get to know her all that well. She was probably precisely what he was thinking at the moment—a selfish, cowardly girl who didn't care about the feelings of those who loved her. Justifying Sumbul's leaving helped to ease the pain it caused and served as a balm for his battered soul.