The highest mountain

Since Corona made its way into modernity through science and technology, the life of every inhabitant had become a little simpler. Each new project carried high expectations, which is why the opening of the most recent establishment gathered the entire kingdom in one place. A great cheer was heard as the princess herself made an appearance, escorted by the figure responsible for such an ambitious work; although, for Varian, the clamor of the applause had already become a usual sound in his life. Being named the royal engineer was a milestone that fueled his most virtuous passions and gave him the perfect opportunity to unfold as a crafty inventor and skillful alchemist. He was on top of the world, experiencing firsthand everything he had ever dreamed of, yet a jaded expression tended to emerge on his face when the excited gaze of the townspeople was no longer on him.

"Dear subjects!" The princess exclaimed enthusiastically. "Corona has set its sights on the future thanks to the talent of this visionary young man who has brought wonders into our lives such as the improvement of pulley systems, boilers, and pipes that now carry water to every corner of this kingdom. Now he presents to us this new initiative that will revolutionize the publishing and poster industry: The first printing press of Corona!"

Voices of excitement and intrigued murmurs were heard. Rapunzel cut the ribbon with elegant scissors and opened the door of the workshop so that the curious could contemplate the intricate machinery in full action. It was a spectacle worth seeing: everything worked with millimetric precision, without anomalies or failures that hindered the arduous work of the devices. In less than half a minute, the same image had been replicated exactly three times, which in this case was the iconic "Wanted" poster of Flynn Rider (the one with the best-drawn nose).

"You know I always appreciate being given the spotlight, kid, but was it really necessary to specifically choose "that" portrait? I have better angles." Eugene took the print and glanced at it before striking a snooty pose. "Never mind, actually, if it's one of my best angles."

"Eugene," Rapunzel took the paper from his hands and proudly showed it to the audience. "Can you see the accuracy of this copy? The tedious work of painting and writing the same piece over and over again is a thing of the past! But the details of this revolutionary invention can only be explained by tonight's star: Varian!"

"Well... the process is relatively simple. It's an automatic stamp system that, after designing an initial template, can be used over and over again indefinitely to make countless copies in a short time." Varian seemed proud of his product, but at the same time, he spoke with a shyness that was not typical of him.

Suddenly, a crowd started to surround him in an invasive way, which made him very nervous. Everyone wanted to congratulate him on his impeccable work, shower him with praises, shake his hand, or even ask for an autograph.

"Another impressive project, everything that your hands make is a blessing," said the nasal voice of an aristocrat as he exaggeratedly shook his hand.

"Those criminals will have their faces plastered all over the kingdom so fast that they won't even have time to commit the crime," a royal guard slapped his back roughly in approval.

"I'm already excited to use your new invention to make flyers for my new recipe for fritters!" said Monty, the baker, clapping with excitement very close to his face.

"A prodigy!"

"A true genius!"

The voices overlapped each other and Varian felt overwhelmed. He started to take steps back, but the crowd advanced with him, not leaving enough space for him to breathe calmly. He flinched when he accidentally collided with Eugene and the latter wrapped his arm around him in a confident manner before shaking him a bit as a sign of camaraderie.