Chapitre 9

(Y/N) Pov:

It's been a day since we retreated from the trench and it was very difficult for me to hide, I know nothing of this place and there was way more people. The place we are in is a sort of infirmery behind the lines, All the retreated soldiers had to see a nurse for checking the state they were in.

Of course when the nurse saw Berthold and Christoph without an injury she didn't believe they were part of the retreated soldiers and told them to go away but the others insisted they were really with them.

The others too were surprised when they saw that Christoph could run just fine and they ask for an explanation. We looked at eachother and I admitted that I healed them. I also persuaded them to call me by my name instead of calling me an angel, they felt my discomfort and apologized. Really all of them are little beans but I would lie if I said that I remember all their names.

They help me a lot with hiding myself, they would walk in group with me in the middle, or hide me somewhere random everytime someone came. They had the same apprehension about the others finding me, if they heard that I could heal them (even if I'm not to sure how I did it) I would be treated like a tool and not a person anymore, they would use me. Even if I want to help the others I don't know how to do it.

Anyways, right now I'm sleeping on the ground with my head on the edge on Berthold's bed for a minimum of confort. I'm on the ground so if someone enters I hide under the bed, not the best hideout but that's all we got. It was just the time for the others to go to sleep, the room I was in was occupied by only people I know so it's great. Soon I heard everyone go to bed and starting snoring softly. Unbeknownst to me, Christoph was the only one missing.

.

.

.

.

Christoph Pov:

The day was over and it was finally time to go to bed. I was heading towards my room when I heard someone calls me from behind, I turned around and to my surprise, it was the officer.

"Yes, sir?" I asked, confused why does he wants to see me at this hour?

"Mr********, the General has asked to see you." His statement made me even more confused, the General? He saw my confusion and added, quite annoyed.

"I'm speaking of our lord Mr Christoph."
My eyes widened, it can't be...

He saw my reaction and turned around, I could swear I see him smirk.

"It seems you finally understood, now if you may follow me, he must be waiting."
I followed behind quietly and a bit scared, why does he wants to see me? Did I do something wrong? ...Did he found out about (Y/N)?! No calm down it can't be that, maybe he just wants to...

"Hum hum!!" I jumped and looked at the officer who had an annoyed face I bow to him and apologized. I looked up and saw we were in front of an office's door..

"Before we enter, I wanted to say you better behave and watch your words before speaking, I don't want to be embarrassed once again because of you."
I looked at him, because of me? What did I do? I couldn't continue thinking when the officer opened the door and enters, me on his heels. The officer greet the person in here and bowed, I did the same. When I straightened my back I made eye contact with the person sitting at the desk. The leader of the country and the country itself...

The German Empire .

~°~
To be continued

Nah just kidding let's continue.

.

.

.
Third person Pov:

German Empire looked at the soldier in front of him. It was true, he didn't have any injuries and if he didn't read his case he wouldn't believe he got into the attack. There was also something more, he seemed more...alive. More expressif than most of his soldiers, it was strange. After all, the soldiers were meant to be the same from each other, that's why they didn't have a singular and personal appearance in the first place.

He shake out his thoughts and signaled to the officer to go away which he reluctantly did, not without glancing at the other soldier once he leave. So that makes only both of them in the room, the country sitting on a chair comfortably while the soldier was standing up before him. 'Like it should be.' the country smirked at himself before returning his attention to the soldier.

"Christoph was it? I read your case." The said man stiffens.

"May I ask why sir?" The country looked at the soldier with different emotions. Anger from being interrupted by a lowly peasant and surprise that this 'lowly peasant' dared to respond to him. No simple soldiers would have done it, even more if it's the first time they met.

'You're quite a singular one, aren't you?" The soldier shook a bit seeing the danger in the Empire's eyes, he reminded himself to not interfere anymore. The country sighed.

"As I was saying, I read your case. Why? Because it's very strange that a soldier who's going to retire because of permanent scars and injuries is conpletely fine the next time we see him. You don't have any marks on the legs or whatsoever that could remind the presence of past scars and you definitely have no problems for walking when it was said that you could never do it again."

He looked at the soldier with stern eyes.

"And I want to know how it is possible. So you're here to tell me."

Christoph was completely shaking by now, what was he supposed to do? He didn't want to tell him about (Y/N) by fear of what he would do but he couldn't and didn't want to lie to him. After all, it's his country and if he lied to him, he would betray his country and it's not what he wants at all so what? Betray a friend (if it's considered betraying) or betray his country, his homeland, the place he fought and nearly died for? He took a deep breath.

"I was healed sir." The country narrowed his eyes, he took quite a time for answer, everytime he would ask a soldier something they would tell him right away, after all the Empire is the representation of the land which they live in, they have the most faith in him, so why this soldier took so much time to answer?

"I know we did a lot of progress in term of medical science but I don't think it's capable to heal all of what I said before."

Christoph looked down, he was about to completely expose (Y/N), would they be mad at him? Surely he could persuade German Empire to not do anything to them right?

"I was healed by magic my lord, heavenly magic." German Empire stared at the soldier, he was very good at feeling when someone lied but he didn't lie, he spoke the truth, but magic? Heavenly magic?

"Could you be more precise?" He asked, trying to understand what he meant. Christoph looked up at him with a little smile, he knew exactly what to say.

"I was healed by an angel."