Purple Hyacinth [Prologue]

Yu ZiYuan fought with all her might. Wens were surrounding her out. Lotus Pier was blazing with fire, the purple nowhere to be seen. All of it seemed red, due to the fire or the blood.

Yu ZiYuan gritted her teeth and she slashed down her sword at another Wen cultivator. She was a strong cultivator, but she was enormously outnumbered. She was one woman, and they were an entire army.

Nearly whole of Lotus Pier had been massacred and only a few disciples were still standing in their sorry state, Yu ZiYuan included.

Suddenly came in another flock of purple hue from the sky. Yu ZiYuan gasped.

It was Jiang FengMian! He had come with his group of disciples that had gone with him.

Yu ZiYuan was surprised, she didn't think that man would return. Suddenly Wen ZhuLiu's arm flashed towards her.

"San-niang!"

With that the arms were pushed away vigorously by Jiang FengMian, shielding his wife. Yu ZiYuan stared at the unyielding back with her mouth agape. She never thought there would be a situation like this.

Jiang FengMian turned around and spoke in a tone of visible concern, checking Yu ZiYuan, "San-niang, are you okay?"

Yu ZiYuan managed to find her voice after a few seconds, "I am holding off I suppose."

Jiang FengMian's eyes widened, "You are fighting without Zidian? And the children...San-niang, are you injured too badly-"

On queue more Wen soldiers attacked them. Jiang FengMian slashed away the Wen soldier that was about to land his sword on Yu ZiYuan's back.

"There's no end to them." Jiang FengMian gritted his teeth. Yu ZiYuan spoke after coughing out blood, "We need to do what we can."

Although they knew it was impossible to defeat the Wen soldiers, they still had to hold them back from running towards their children.

Jaing FengMian and Yu ZiYuan fought back to back, fierce and strong.

Yu ZiYuan slashed another Wen soldier down as she grunted from her injuries.

"San-niang!"

Yu ZiYuan fell on her knees, her ribs had been stabbed a few times at this point, her arms were shaking, one of her legs bleeding profusely. Jiang FengMian picked her up, ignoring the wound that landed on his arm and stomach. Blood dyed his purple robes a deep violet colour.

Yu ZiYuan looked at him with hazy consciousness, and spoke, "FengMian...run-run away..."

Jiang FengMian widened his eyes, then his gaze held fire as he spoke, "I am not leaving you. We are escaping together."

With that he kissed the sweaty and bloody forehead of Yu ZiYuan softly. Yu ZiYuan's eyes widened slightly, as she did not have the strength to widen them more than she did. A blush creeped into her pale features, fortunately there was too much blood on her face for Jiang FengMian to notice.

Jiang FengMian smiled. But the next moment his expression turned ugly as he let out a pained grunt.

Someone had stabbed from behind.

It was Wen Chao.

He laughed, "Hahahhaha, Sect Leader Jiang, is that truly all you have got? So weak. How are you a sect leader? Oh that came out wrong. How were you a sect leader, huh?"

Yu ZiYuan asked in between the haze, "FengMian...what-"

Before she could speak any further she felt herself being dropped to the ground gently and saw blood gushing out of Jiang FengMian's stomach.