Radhika Mann | Tender

He stared at her as she happily blew the bubbles and looked at the clouds kissing the sun and merging. She had worn a new bought white, red, and green colored salwar kurta which really suited her childish and innocent nature. A few days passed and they came to the park every evening.

He loved the sun, and he came to the garden every day to watch the sunset from there because it was just so mesmerizing and relaxing. His friends advised him to do more of the things that he wanted to do like coming to see the sunset, or writing his thoughts out, more than the ones he had to do.

Like, work. Yes, he did work, he was not one of those sluggish people who do nothing every day. 

He was in a publishing company, only an assistant to the editor, checking people's books for grammatical errors or plot holes in a small publishing company. Actually, that's where he found Radhika. He was given to analyze her books for grammatical errors and he was mesmerized by her words. When he met her he thought they had an instant connection. And that it was mutual. Which it was not. 

Even after working hard his salary wasn't enough, and with Radhika always bugging him, he was motivated to work more and more.

He thought she brought the best out of him. But what she really unintentionally did was bring out the worst. Turns out he was one of those people who worked best when they were happy. And he thought he was happy. Which he definitely wasn't. His childhood friends would definitely agree.

But ever since he had met her, his friends had sincerely warned him, his condition was actually detrimental. But would a love-stricken heart accept it? NO!

In love, people see even the wounds as new openings, see harshly said words as slip of the tongue, a slap as a love-filled touch, and even shouts as screams of joy.

And in hate people see kindness as a pretense.

Both of which Maan followed.

He hated Radhika's new demeanor. He thought it was an imposter.

It was making him quake in his boots. He wanted to slap her but then he remembered that Radhika might have changed inside, but still, he could see the same eyes, nose, and cheeks.

But the way her eyes glimmered now, or her smirks had changed into warm smiles was frightening him. More like, it was beginning to engulf him and make him feel something he hadn't before and he was scared of betraying his only love. The old Radhika.

"Look, Maan! The sun is about to set!" She said cheerfully.

They had been coming here for the past few days. And she had grasped every detail of him. How he liked his tea, how he kept the house, how he liked to spend the day. because she thought Radhika was his wife.

And wives are supposed to be husband's shadows.

Her mother had told her while bidding her goodbye at her marriage with Maharaja Lakshman Dev.

She looked at Maan and knew he was not right.

Maybe that's how he was!

But nevertheless, she asked.

"What happened Maan? Everything okay?"

He was looking at her and then he glared.

She was disturbed and asked again, "What happened? Why are staring at me like that?"

"I can't take this anymore. Who are you? Not the Radhika I know!"

Her eyes widened and she directed her gaze at the dark red and magenta clouds instead.

"I am asking you!"

She had a glimpse of her husband.

"Queen, please tell me what you did."