Pilot (part 3)

We were back at the chateau sitting on the verranda. Kie sat on the couch and me and JJ on the armchairs. John B was standing against the wall, throwing a bottle up and down, catching it everytime.
"Okay, so um......we didn't see anything and we don't know anything." Pope said out of breath when he rushed in.  "We need to have total and complete amnesia"
"Actually, Pope's right for once. See I agree with you sometimes." JJ spoke back. "Deny, deny, deny" He stood up from the armchair to stand next to John B.
"Guys, we can't keep that money" Kie said. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ answered. "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise it's bad karma" I said, agreeing with Kiara.
"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too" Pope added. "We gotta go dark."
"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ continued.
"I don't agree" John B spoke. He walked over to stand infront of all of us. "What why?" JJ asked. "Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, same dud that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot, because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat, who's  never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket and all of a sudden he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin." John B said lifting his hands.

The conversation continued when we were outside fishing.
"All right, so think about it Pope. How does a marina rat get a brand new Grade-White?" John b asked. "Prostitution" Pope answered. John B inhaled sharply "Square groupers bro. Flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance" He said, counting the points on his hands. "They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean? JJ?" He asked, knowing that JJ would probably have the answer. "They were straight smugglin'."He answered. "Smugglin'." John B concluded. "And I gaurantee you there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck."
"Hell yeah"

The conversation continued again when we were back inside sitting in John B's room. Pope was sitting on his bed, John b and JJ by the window and me and Kiara on some chairs. Pope grabbed the money out of JJ's hands. "For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it." He started. "Mhm-hm." "It probably belongs to someone else." "Minor details" I said sarcastically. "They could come looking for it" Pope continued. "Taking it would be catastrophically stupid." "Right. Well, stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ stated. "All we need to do right now is just figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreck. Until then, we just lay low." He finished. "Right and how exactly do we do that?" I asked. "Kegger?" Kie said.

____________

We picked up a keg on our way to the boneyard. You can't understand Obx without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a beachy three-layered burrito. There's us and our friends, the working class derelicts from the cut. Then there are the kooks, the rich second-homers. They're mostly from poncey-ass boarding schools, just trustfunding posers, our natural enemies. And then there are the tourons....Totally clueless, here for a week on vacation with their families. Chum for the sharks, as John B would say it. When we got there, JJ and John B were holding the keg while Kiara was holding the tap and Pope and I the cups. Once the tap was on the keg JJ squirted some on John B. "HAHAHA" everyone laughed. We filled some cups and just waited for others to come.
Soon after the beach was filled with people. JJ was doing a chug contest with some touron, John B was flirting with a kook and Kiara was talking about zodiac signs to some guy. Who I definently felt bad for, once kie starts, she doesn't stop. Pope was talking about dead bodies to some chick, who honestly looked like she didn't want to be there, which I could totally understand. I was listening to a kook brag about a new boat he bought. He was kinda hot tho so definenlty didn't forget to overlaugh at some of his jokes. Once he walked away, I turned around to see JJ clenching his jaw at the sight of it. I walked over him. "What?" "nothing" He replied. Before I could continue, Kiara cut us off. "What is she doing here?" Kie asked, looking at the one and only Sarah Cameron. I didn't know her personally, but since Kie didn't like her, I didn't either. Mostly cause Kiara liked everyone, so for her not to like someone makes them horrible in my eyes. "Huh" John B said, then when he turned around, he knew what she was talking about. Sarah was sitting on some old buoy, when her boyfriend topper helped her down. I did know topper, since I had something with his friend Kelce. Never really liked him though.

____________

Once it was dark out I was sitting next to kie, talking about that stupid kook with his new boat from earlier.  We were distracted by JJ's voice. "Hey sarah, sarah." He said trying to get her attention. "Can I interest you in a tasty milwaukee beverage? He said, holding out a beer to her. "No, thanks" She replied with a dirty look on her face. "Come on, is it not fancy enough for you?" He asked. "No we wer just leavi-" She was cut off by her boyfriend. "Hey, you know what? I'll take it. Thank you man, I appreciate it." Topper said sarcastically with a grin on his face. "That's nice, but I didn't ask you Topper. Now if you said pretty please, maybe."
"Oh well pretty please" topper answered with a smug look on his face. "too late man, so sarah you can have it." Topper pushed the drink in his face. "She doesn't want it you-" Topper started. But JJ already grabbed his shirt pushing him. John B held him back "nah man, we're not doing this right now." "Your so funny man." JJ said sarcastically, still talking to Topper.
"Dirty pogues" Topper said. That was it for John B. He stopped holding JJ back and threw a punch against toppers face. "John B we're supposed to be incognito, remember" Pope reminded him.
Topper got up and walked towards John B. "babe..babe..BABE..BABE!! Sarah shouted, trying to stop her boyfriend. But it didn't work, as he already hit John B to the ground. The crowd gasped at seeing him fall. Topper kicked him before he could get back up, and he rolled into the water. "GUYS CHILL" Kie shouted, trying to stop them. "Hey John B! Don't make me drown you like your old man, all right?" The crowd was chanting "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" John B got up from out the water and tackeld Topper. "STOP YOU GUYS" I shouted trying to get their attention, but it didn't work. They kept throwing punches at eachother non stop. I looked over to Sarah to see she had a worried look on her face. She stepped over to Kelce who I was surprised to see, since I didn't know he was here. "STOP! JOHN B!" I repeated. This made Kelce look my way awknoleging I was there.
John B threw Topper into the water. "COME ON TOPPER!!" he screamed. "LET'S GO, COME ON". He got up and they threw more punches before Topper tackled John B into the water. He pushed his head down into the water making John B not be able to breath. "Topper! TOPPER STOP!" Sarah shouted. I Looked over to kiara with a concerned look on my face. "He's drowning him!" I saw JJ walk over to his bag and reach for something. The next thing I know, he had the gun to Toppers head, safety off.  Toppers eyes widened as he immediatly knew what it was. "HE'S GOT A GUN" someone from the crowd shouted, making everyone quickly leave. "JJ STOP PLEASE" I screamed, begging him to put the gun away. "CHILL DUDE" Pope added. "JJ STOP! JJ!" Sarah shouted aswell, trying to protect her boyfriend. "PUT THE GUN DOWN" she continued. "Didyou say something princess? JJ said. Referring to her as the 'kook princess'. "We're good, we're good." Topper said lifting his hands and slowy getting up as he backed away from John B. "Trixie, can you check you phsyco friend please!" Kelce shouted at me.
"OKAY EVERYONE LISTEN UP" JJ started. "GET THE HELL OFF OUR SIDE OF THE ISLAND!" He shot the gun into the air twice. People were screaming and running away. "Are you crazy?! You idiot!" Pope shouted at him. "Stupid" kie added. "Why would you do that!?"
"I WAS SAVING HIS LIFE OKAY?" JJ defended. "Your gonna jeapordize everthing!"

I ran over to John B who still didn't look like he was okay. Before I could reach him, he fainted and fell back in the water. "GUYS..GUYS!!! STOP ARGUING AND COME HELP ME" They turned to see what was happening and quickly ran over.

Note:

Hey yall, I don't know if I really like this chapter, but it had to be written cause otherwise there just isn't enough.
I hope you liked it though <3

Don't forget to vote and comment :)