Chapter 7:Phase 2

You're early, again.' Said Ibiki.

Anko blushed in embarrassment. She then looked around before speaking 'How many are there? Ibiki you let all these guys pass? Your test was too easy, you must be getting soft.'

'Or it could be a stronger group of candidates this year.' Replied Ibiki.

'Trust me when I'm through with them, more than half will be eliminated.' Anko said with a sadistic smirk.

'More than half?' Asked Sakura fearfully.

'This is going to be fun. You maggots have had it easy so far but things are going to be different now. Go home now and I'll tell your squad leaders where and went to meet me for the second exam, dismissed.' Said Anko.

All of the chunin candidates left.

The Next Day

The Genin were standing in front of a forest surrounded by metal gates three metres high with heaps of locks and warning signs.

'Whoa nice place. What is it?' Said Kiba.

'This is the location for the second stage of the exam the forty fourth battle training zone, but we call it, the forest of death.' Said Anko.

'Wow this place creeps me out.' Said Sakura.

'Well we call it the forest of death for a reason and soon enough you're going to find out why.' Said Anko grinning.

"Let's just get this over with" Naruto said with a bored expression

'So looks it like we've got a tough guy.' Said Anko smiling before throwing a kunai at Naruto.

Before the kunai could hit Naruto he disappeared. Anko looked around for him until she felt something on her neck. She turned around to see Naruto holding his sword.

"If you value your life then refrain from doing something like that again." Naruto

"He is fast" thought the other Chunin candidates.

"The kid is fast. He will certainly be someone interesting to watch." Anko thought

After that Naruto sheathed his sword.
Anko got back to explaining the test.

'Now before we begin this test I have something you all need to sign and agree to. It is a standard consent form which shows that if you die the Leaf and I are in no way accountable, otherwise if you die I would be held responsible.' Said Anko who then started laughing.

'This test is a survival test you need to get through the battle zone. You will each enter through one of the forty four entrances and need to make your way to the centre, to a locked tower. To pass, all you need to do is get a set of these two scrolls, one heaven and the other earth and arrive at the tower with all of your teammates.' Finished Anko.

'Both scrolls?' Asked Sasuke.

'Yes so half will be going after the heaven scroll while the other half will be going after the earth scroll. Anything goes but there is only one rule, you must never open either scroll.' Said Anko seriously.

The Genin signed the forms. After signing them Anko assigned the teams to a gate.

All the Genin arrived at a gate and waited until the signal was given at three pm. Time passed until there were ten seconds to go.

'Alright maggots the second test begins in three, two, one, now!' Announced Anko.

The gates opened and all the teams rushed in. Only five minutes in the sounds of a team screaming were heard outside of the forest.