Preliminaries

Iruka-sensei what are you doing here?' Asked Sakura.

'I'm here to welcome you back and congratulate you on passing the second phase of the Chunin exams.' Said Iruka smiling.

Iruka told them about the purpose of the second exam which in addition to survival, was to test the integrity of the ninja to not read classified documents or in this case the scrolls. After that he bid them farewell and they went into the tower's inner area.

Naruto found out that Gaara's team had already arrived as well as Kabuto's team. After taking Sakura and Sasuke in the designated medical ward ,he went to the arena.

When Naruto got there he saw Gaara.

'Naruto Cifer.' He said in that same monotonous tone he always used.

'Gaara.' Naruto

I gonna fun killing you. Gaara said with a sadistic grin

"Like i said before you are welcome to try." Naruto

"We will see. Gaara said before he disappeared with a body flicker.

With Kabuto

Kabuto and his team meet with Orochimaru before the next stage of the exams start and Kabuto gives him the intel he's gathered on Sasuke. Orochimaru warns them about Naruto's power.

"Naruto maybe I said consider serving him." Kabuto

Two days later

The second phase of the exams was now over, the teams that made it were: Team seven, eight and ten, Guy's team, the sound team, the sand team and Kabuto's team. The teams assembled in the arena that Naruto and Gaara were before with the Hokage standing in front of the Genin with their Jounin Senseis behind him. He told them that the Chunin exams serve the purpose of not only testing ninja, but also of moderating the levels of the ninja in each nation as well as developing friendship.

'Just tell me the details of the exam I can handle anything you can throw at me.' Said Gaara when the Hokage finished speaking and answering other questions.

'Very well I will now tell you exactly what the details of the third exam are.' Said the Hokage.

Just then Hayate appeared bowing in front of the Hokage and asked him if he could speak first, to which the Hokage obliged.

Hayate explained that they needed to hold a preliminary as there were too many people which was meet with cries of outrage, but he justified it by talking about the fact that many important nobles and feudal lords would be coming to see them and they didn't want to waste their time and that they were only looking for the best of the best shinobi.

The preliminaries will begin immediately if any of you *cough* aren't in top physical condition *cough* now is the time to quit.' Said Hayate.

Kabuto gave up but no one else did. Sakura wanted Sasuke to but he told her that the only reason he fights is to test himself and that all the best are here.

'So what am I supposed to just watch you suffer? I can't bear to watch.' Cried Sakura.

'Then don't watch. But stay out of it has nothing to do with you. I am an avenger whether I become a Chunin or not means less than nothing to me. My goal is to test myself against the best and the best of the best are all here.' Replied Sasuke.

'Sasuke she just cares about you, you don't have to be so mean.' Naruto said

Naruto you are one of the one's I want to fight the most.' said Sasuke grinning

"Weakling you don't interest me." Naruto thought

'Now, the preliminaries will follow sudden death elimination of one-on-one matches with only the winner moving on to the third exam. As for the rules there are none, you will fight until one dies or concedes defeat or is rendered physically incapable of continuing. Naturally those who are losing are encouraged to quit, to avoid having a fatal outcome, also as proctor I will intervene if the situation seems hopeless to save as many lives as possible. Now we will see what fate is in store for you.' Said Hayate.