My Safe Place

[Chaewon's POV]

"Ugh..." I slowly opened my eyes. As my vision adjusted to the light I saw Yeonjun watching me wake up.

"Morning sleepyhead," he said.

"Yeonjun what time is it?"

"It's only eight in the morning chill Chaewon."

"Yeonjun did you sleep well?"

"I did thanks. Now should we visit your mom? I think you need a family member to talk to," he said.

"Give me some time, I'm not quite ready to face her..." I said.

"Taehyun I swear you were not sleeping!" We heard Yujin shout as they emerged from the hallway.

"I was asleep!" he shouted.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Chaewon unnie either I'm insane or Taehyunnie stayed up a whole night!"

"What?" I gave her a confused look.

"Oh Taehyun-ah is an open eyed sleeper," Yeonjun said.

"I never knew this about you Taehyun!" Yujin said.

"It's just a weird habit of mine," Taehyun said.

"Chaewon is there anything you want to do today?" Yeonjun asked.

"I dunno... I can't really show my face outside..." I said.

"How about just a casual walk? Just the two of us?"

"That's fine I suppose, shouldn't we hide our faces though?"

"Nah."

"Huh why?"

"Even if they'd go out of their way to insult them, I protect you. You mean the world to me Chaewon," Yeonjun said. I did my best to hold back any tears as I hugged Yeonjun.

"Pabo, always willing to take the hit for me." We both looked at each other before we kissed.

"We should leave them alone... I'll make some eggs," Taehyun said and he walked to the kitchen with Yujin following him. 

"Make some for everyone Taehyun!" Yujin said.

"Yeah!" We stayed inside my dorm for a bit longer to eat breakfast that Taehyun was cooking. By that time everyone else was awake and we all gathered in the living room.

"Are you guys feeling better now Minju?" Beomgyu asked.

"Now that you're here Beomgyu," Minju said.

"Yeonjun are we gonna visit mom?" Yena asked Yeonjun.

"Um not yet... I'm going out with Chaewon first," he said.

"Sorry Yena... maybe you guys can do it later today or tomorrow?

"Alright..."

"You can leave her with me Yeonjun I'll take care of Yena," Soobin said.

"Appreciate it Soobin!" Yeonjun said.

"It's ready!" Taehyun said as he served eggs, bacon, and toast on each plate.

"Taehyun oppa I didn't know you knew how to cook!" Wonyoung said.

"We can't forever rely on Yeonjun hyung to cook for us," he said.

"True," Yeonjun replied. We all ate breakfast and afterward Yeonjun and I left the dorm to go on a walk. Being outside wasn't the first thing in the world, it would've been though. If not for Yeonjun accompanying me. I held Yeonjun's hand tight, I didn't want to lose sight of my feeling of safety.