prologue

Clink Clank

The sound of utensils along with a faint recording of music filled the family's silence, every child minding their own business except for one. His jaw was clenched and his teeth were gritted, itching to say a word.

Clang!

"Number five?" "I have a question." He lets go of the small knife, leaving it pierced on the dinner table. "Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules: no talking during mealtimes." reminds his adoptive father—if you can even consider him one.

He pushes his food in arrogance, not letting this go, "I want. to time travel." "no," replied the adult immediately. "But I'm ready; I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." the boy insists, getting off his chair and clenching his fists before disappearing with blue light and reappearing right next to his father. "see?"

But his father, on the other hand, didn't even bat an eye. He puts his drink down and ignores the boy's wants, telling him he's not ready.

The boy called five had his eyebrows knit before marching off, "Number five, you haven't been excused! Come back here!"

Swing~

The front door to their home swings open, revealing the boy who just ran out. He had this rebellious look on his face, ready to prove his father wrong.

"Not ready, my ass," he scoffs, jumping from one time period to another, and another—

—till he ran out of futures to jump to.

--

"I know I'm immortal and all, but that shit still hurt."

featuring Five Hargreeves as Number Five

and Ruda (reader) as The Undying

⚠︎ Again, before proceeding, this book contains lots of mentions of deaths.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.