Day 1

Like i said before, i didn't knew nobody in New York, nobody but two people. One of them is a famous Mexican writer and the other one is Mori, my ex girlfriend. I won't get into details about what happened after we broke up (she hooked up with a friend of mine and hers, whom i always thought they were just friends. Shit is never like people show it to you, isn't it?) but we were together for six years and broke up about two years ago. Water under the bridge. I did tell her i was coming to New York, though. She was happy, i don't know why, but she told me she was really happy i would be there. Last thing i knew is that she was still with this little fucker, so i was surprised when she told me she could help me with what ever i wanted. 

For some reason, my airbnb's check in was at 5pm and i arrived to the airport at 9 am. When it was 11am i already was in brooklyn and i asked her if i could leave my stuff at her place to check in later, "of course", she said, "i'm not home, i'm at work, but i'll have my roommate to open the door for you. If you are tired you can sleep in my bed, if you want". I was really tired. So I got to her apartment in bushwick, there was nobody outside because it was freezing.Her roommate opened the door in a rather unsympathetic way. She told me where the room was and to take my shoes off. I opened the door and the room smelled like her, a mix between hazelnut cream and berries. I left my suitcase there and went directly to her bed. She had her pijamas on it and i saw her underpants. I wanted to smell them so bad but something in my head started aching, my stomach hurt. Everything that happened after we broke up was like a kick in the balls, so i just pushed them a side and went to bed.

when i woke up i didn't knew where i was nor how long it was been. My phone rang and it was Mori. She told me she was getting off the train and it was arriving in five minutes. I asked if i could take a shower, i ran to the bathroom and shower as quickly as i could. I tried to look as decent as someone with a five minute margin and a 11 hour flight might look. When she got into the apartment i was still in the bathroom. She called my name and i got out. She looked great and we hug for a few minutes until her roommate made an interruption.

"You look just like always", she said, "you too", i replied. and she did, it was like time didn't affected her skin or body. Me, by the other hand, i'm getting really bald, like heavy baldness, and i think i'm dummer than the last time she saw me. but there we were. 

She told me to go and have a bite to eat, so we went to a taqueria near by. We walked touching our arms because the cold was getting inside ourselves into the bones. Then she told me to get a drink in a bar. She asked me, having a moscow mule, how was the goodbyes with whoever i was dating and i told her the truth, i was sad because the girl i was seeing was really getting into me. I asked her about that dickhole she was dating, and she told me that was over. 

We made out for a while and she told me to go to her place but i told her that i would like to have a few more drinks. We laughed a lot, we always laughed when we were together. But at some point the laughters went aways, vanished like the air exhaling the lungs, and i told her i should go and check in to the airbnb. 

I was happy but i was sad. Alcohol helped me to just stay there. That was better, being alone in a room is the best way to start a journey.