Chapter 2

Roz was sitting at the table in the furthest corner of the cafe. She had her shoes off, sitting on her legs on a couch, and headphones on.
She kept mumbling to herself as she was aggressively writing. The cup of hot coffee was next to her hand waiting to be drunk.
From the corner of her eye, she saw someone sitting next to her, it was Adrian.
„What happened?"
„He is so stupid sometimes...I can have deep and emotional conversations with him but when it comes to my work I feel like I'm talking to the stupidest person in the world...no...sorry...Like Im talking to one of those reporters or..." She began her monolog already angry.
„Your boss?" He finished her sentence, she nodded as if she was exhausted and laid her head on his shoulder.
„I'm sorry...I'm just tired. We have that presentation with Matt in three months and I'm worried that we will look like idiots. Half of the team isn't working how they should, I'm writing this paper and I found out that that prick Harris gave Matt the offer of the job I wanted. When Matt isn't even in my department. And...Arrrr!" She almost yelled and hid her face in her hands.
„Alex is worried..." He started as he hugged her.
„I know! But we both work so hard. I'm just worried that we will get mad at each other and..."
„You will not break up. Come on...I need to admit that both of you have worked a lot lately. Maybe we can go to a club this weekend? You can take Matt and your other friends..." He offered as he kissed her head, he could feel her crying.
„I don't have any more friends... no one else likes me..." She said sad and began to cry even more. Adrian laughed and kissed her head again.
„Well, that's what you get for being a dominant Alpha woman." When he said that she chuckled a bit.
„Do you really think I'm an Alpha woman?"
„Yea...I mean..you are the biggest bitch I ever met." He said laughing, she hit his arm and laughed with him.
„Thank you..." She said after a while.
„Us against the world..." He said as he gave her his hand, she grabbed it and looked at him.
„This fucked up world..." She finished and kissed his hand.
They stayed like that for a while, Adrian was enjoying the moment of peace and quiet.
„Let's go home. We will buy something to eat. What do you say? Anything you want." He said and waited for a response.
„Sushi...I want sushi." She said, Adrian took out his phone and looked at their favorite sushi place, he preordered food.
„15 minutes. Let's go." He said and got up, he packed her bag and looked at her as she lifted her foot to press against his chest. Adrian grabbed her foot and smiled.
„What do you want?" He asked as he rubbed his thumb against her inner foot.
„Put my shoes on..." She said to which he replied.
„Fuck no." And he let go of her foot. She sat up and looked sad.
„Why????" she asked as she put on her shoes.
„I'm not your fiance to be your maid." He said as she finished getting ready.
„You wish, you were my fiance." She said walking away, he took a deep breath and sighed.
„You have no idea..." He whispered to himself and walked behind her.
They walked to the sushi shop, Roz was walking a few steps in front of him, which gave him a chance to watch her. He looked at her slim legs in black tights, they were very elegant, and her high heels made them even sexier. She turned around and smiled at him.
„Why are you walking so slowly?" She asked.
„Am saving the moment." He said looking at her black skirt, which perfectly shaped her body. 
Adrian smiled to her kindly, she grabbed his arm as they walked. He looked at people around them who watched them, he saw men who envied him. Right now people could only assume that they were together, he stopped and turned to one of the shops with perfectly washed windows. He looked at their reflection.
"Wait..." She said taking out her phone, she took a few pictures of them together and smiled to herself.
"Ahh...we look good..." She said as they continued their walk to the restaurant. When they finally entered the restaurant they were surprised by Alex there. He was picking up a pretty big order. Roz looked at him still a bit angry, while he looked sad. He took the box full of food and walked up to her.
"I'm sorry...I think I just wanted to pick a fight...work..work has been hard. I'm sorry." He said giving her the food. She hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss.
"I'm sorry too..." She said. Adrian passed them and picked up their food. He did his best not to look at them. He could feel how his stomach was tightening into a knot.
"Well now we have a shit tone of food and only three mouths...what are we doing?" Adrian asked as he looked at the amount of food they got.
"I can call Matt and we can just have a sushi party with beer or wine. He can buy some." She offered as she picked up her phone. Alex didn't look too happy about the idea of Matt joining them. Roz took her phone out and walked outside to make a call.
"Thanks...I looked for her everywhere but I just couldn't find her." He said to his brother as he walked outside.
"If you knew her you would have known." He thought to himself. Adrian looked at him with almost the same look as other men looked at him earlier when he walked with Roz. It was envy, but it was anger too. Alex had something that Adrian wanted and the worst was that everyone around them knew that Alex didn't deserve Rozaline. He walked outside after him and looked at the sky.
"We should head home. It's going to rain." He said as he headed home first.
"Okay! Matt said he will join us within 30 minutes." She said happily and grabbed Alex's hand. The restaurant wasn't that far away from their house, within 20 minutes they were standing in front of their apartment. Alex stopped Roz before they entered the gate. 
"I love you." He said it while looking into her eyes, he kissed her lips and smiled gently. 
"I love you too." She replied before entering the building.