An Enigma.

TW: CURSING!!!!!!!, mediocre storytelling, shitty grammar (comment on that pls)

-⛵-

"Uh. What are you doing?"

In front of him a was a little girl shakily holding a sword up to him. She looked to be scared out of her wits.

Luffy stuck his head out the door, making the young girl jump in fright. He looked left and right trying to see where the child came from.

"W-Was it you?" The young girl asked in a frightened voice. "Were you the one who did something to big brother Katakuri?" She yelped.

"Eh? That guy is here?" Luffy once again looked around.

"Don't play dumb! I saw brother and you get on ship together!"

Luffy thought for a moment. "You mean the kid?"

"Of course!" The kid then turned slightly more serious. "Ever since you and brother parted, he's been acting strangely."

Luffy wasn't listening. "The kid's name is Katakuri? That's pretty freaky. In a good way." He muttered.

"Are you even listening!?" The girl shrieked.

"Shutapp!" Kaidou yelled, still in bed.

The girl instantly shushed. She then quietly waved her sword in Luffy's direction. "If you do anything to brother Katakuri again, be prepared."

She proceeded to walk backwards with an attempted glare, rather she looked like she was pouting. She bumped into someone.

"Brulée what are you doing?" The person she had walked into had now revealed its identity.

The girl, now known as Brulée, startled and quickly turned around.

"Big brother! I was just making sure this guy knew his place!" She squeaked.

"Why?"

"Well," she started. "You came back from the island acting weird and I saw you with this guy so..." She trailed off.

Katakuri furrowed his brows at her.

This made Brulée fret that he was angry.

Unexpectedly he patted her on the head "Thank you for worrying about me" The young girls eyes brightened. "But he didn't do anything other than gain my respect." These words not only confused the girl but the older boy as well.

"You respect him?"

"You respect me?"

Both Brulée and Luffy said simultaneously.

Katakuri had never truly idolized or looked up to someone before, as a result, "Well yeah." Katakuri mumbled as he fiddled with his thumbs with a slight pinkness on the tips of his ears.

"Really?" With a wide grin Luffy bent down towards the kids.

Katakuri then mumbled something once more, but it was too hushed to be heard.

Brulée watched her older brother. "Then, I'm sorry for earlier." She apologized.

"It's no problem. I have a brother too and I'd do anything to protect him."

Brulée was starting to see why her older brother respected this young man.

"Anyways. What are you here for kid?" Luffy asked.

Katakuri he had almost forgotten what he had come for in the first place.

"Um" he started. "I've been meaning to ask about the man you spoke of yesterday." He spoke.