epilogue

A year had passed since Viviana had received Regulus's letter. She had debated long and hard on what to do, but in the end, she decided to listen to him. For once in her life. She fled to one of the small islands off the coast of Florida.

Barely anyone at Hogwarts had noticed Regulus's nor Viviana's disappearance. Those who did notice had assumed they had dropped out and joined the Dark Lord's army; that was a new normal now for the students of Hogwarts.

She had given birth to a healthy baby boy; she was truly convinced he would not be healthy due to how badly she had treated her body when at the early stages of her pregnancy. However, she had begun to force herself to eat, take care of the stress she was undergoing, and stopped drinking entirely.

Viviana named the child Arcturus, after his father's middle name. Her child looked almost identical to Regulus; she felt as if she were looking at a miniature version of Regulus. She hoped that maybe he would have some of her personality in him.

The island was somehow helping her find peace; it was full of muggles who knew nothing about the Wizarding War brewing across the sea. They spoke a strange language, one that she had quickly caught onto.

There weren't many people on the island, something she enjoyed. She did not socialize with anyone unless to buy food or supplies. She hadn't even looked in another man's direction, nor did she think she was ever going to be able to.

Even after a year, she still ached for Regulus. Some nights she cursed at him, hoping that he was listening and able to hear her cruel words; whereas other nights she cried for him, wishing she had stopped him earlier. Nonetheless, their child was helping her find peace as well. If he were not in her womb when she received the letter from Regulus, she believes that she would have taken her own life.

But, that didn't matter now. Now, she cared more about Arcturus's safety than anything else. To be safe, she knew she had to flee.

She wondered some nights how the Wizarding War was going; she was unable to see any news articles about it on a strictly muggle island. Hopefully, something had happened, and forces were working to stop the Dark Lord.

Viviana tried not to focus too much on the thought of Voldemort. She knew she would not be able to sleep if she did. All she knew was the first (and last) lover she ever had died fighting against him; Regulus Black had died fighting against Voldemort.

THE END

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
how to support me !
click the link in my bio

for real thank you guys so much for the support i have been in such a bad writing slump and u guys voting on this story and always commenting really helped me remember why i like doing this so much.

check out my other stories plz:)