The Funeral (Updated)

Today is the day. The day of mothers funeral. I had hoped to try and prepare myself, but It still shook me to the core to find out this morning that she... passed. Father said that I should move on, but I know that her death affected me as much as him. He doesn't know it, but I do.

I was at home, preparing her body, and saying my goodbyes. My little Brother, Atreus, was with Father. Out to gather wood and kindling for the Pyre.

Alexios: "Lo there, do I see my Mother. Lo there, do I see my Father. Lo there, do I see my Brother. Lo there, do I see the beginning, and the end. Grant this one passage to the light of Alfhiem, The Well of Souls. And may she be at peace for eternity."

He placed a hand on the body, which was covered in wrapping. He then turned to see his Father, Kratos standing in the doorway, a hulking figure covered in the Shadow, before he walked into the light. Alexios wipes his face of any stray tears.

Alexios: "She is ready, Sir."

And Kratos picks up Faye's body and he looked at her.

Kratos: "Find your way home... You are free."

And carried her outside. Alexios followed, and was waiting by the Pyre as he looked to his younger brother, and he wrapped his arm around his shoulder to comfort him. Kratos pulls out his axe and a flint and strikes it, setting the Pyre ablaze. They watch for a few seconds, and Atreus suddenly moved foward and grabs the knife that was on her body and he holds it, grunting in pain as it was hot metal, before he drops it into the snow.

Alexios: "You alright, Brother?"

Atreus: "Yeah... I'm fine."

Kratos walks over to him and he picks up a ball of snow and he hands it to Atreus.

Kratos: "Squeeze."

And Atreus does so, and Kratos takes one of his bandages and wrapped it around his hand. He then picks up the knife.

Kratos: "This knife... it was hers. Now it is yours."

Kratos hands the knife to him, which Atreus takes.

Kratos: "She taught you to hunt?"

Atreus: "What she knew."

Kratos: "Show me."

Atreus: "Now?"

Kratos: "Now."

Atreus sighs and he heads into the house. Alexios looks at his father.

Alexios: "Do you think he is ready?"

Kratos: "We will see."

Atreus comes back with his bow and quiver.

Atreus: "What are we hunting?

Kratos: "You are hunting deer."

Atreus: "Which way?"

Kratos: "In the direction of deer."

Atreus: (Shrugging) "Okay, Uh... this way."

And Atreus leads the way, With Kratos and Alexios Following.

Atreus: "Father? Why are we doing this now?"

Kratos: "I need to know you can survive the journey."

Atreus: "What about Alexios?"

Kratos: "This is not about him. This is about you."

Atreus: "Okay... and once I do this, we leave for the mountain?"

Kratos: "Depends on you. Hunt."

They continue foward. Atreus then finds some tracks.

Kratos: "What did you find?"