The Journey Begins.

The two enter their home once again, and Kratos went over to the hatch in the floor and opened it, to reveal a worried Atreus.

Atreus: "There was so much... I-I thought... You're both alright?"

Kratos: "We are alright. Come."

And Kratos helps his youngest son out of the floor.

Kratos: "Boys. Gather your things. We are leaving."

Alexios was silent for a second before he simply nods. Kratos closed the hatch, but not before he looked at something in there. He throws the rug back on the hatch.

Atreus: "Thought I wasn't ready."

Alexios: "Doesn't matter. We don't have a choice."

Atreus finished gathering things and so did Alexios. They didn't gather food as they would find it along the way. Just what they could carry.

Kratos: "Prove me wrong, Boy."

Atreus: "Yes sir."

Atreus then leaves the house, followed by Alexios, and then Kratos. Atreus looks up at the mountain in the distance.

Atreus: "The Mountain. Its gonna be a long trip."

Kratos: "Yes. But an important one."

Atreus then looked at all of the destruction everywhere around the house.

Atreus: "Woah. How did this happen."

Alexios: "The Stranger we fought out up one Hel of a fight. Never seen anything like it."

They make their way down into the Cavern, Alexios taking point.

Atreus: "Who was he?"

Kratos: "I do not know."

Atreus: "What did he want with us? We're nobodies."

Alexios: "He said we had something of his but wouldn't tell us what."

Atreus: "Really?... Did you kill him?"

Kratos: "I did what had to be done."

They shimmy across a wall and continued forward the Cavern was falling apart more and more.

Atreus: "You both could have died. Never leave me alone again, alright?"

Kratos: "Alright."

Alexios gives a small chuckle.

Alexios: "Don't worry, Little brother. Your stuck with us whether you like it or not."

They jump across a gap and then started to climb up, once again, Alexios taking the lead.

Atreus: "You've had to kill people before, haven't you? You're used to it."

Kratos: "We do what we must to survive."

Atreus: "Animals I get. They're food. Draugr... they're supposed to be dead. But people... They're just trying to survive too."

Kratos: "Close your heart to it. On our journey, we will be attacked by all manner of creature. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart to their suffering. Do not allow yourself to feel for them. They will not feel for you."

Alexios wasn't a fan of that, but it's kept them alive. He allows himself to feel only when he deems it necessary.

Atreus: "I understand."

They stop climbing and they continued into a cave and find a man made structure.

Atreus: "Has this been here all this time?"