Chapter 2

Sorry it took so long!

Grayfellow sniffled.

Rarg, sitting nearby, studied him. "Good?"

Grayfellow sighed. "I guess."

"Want to duel?"

"Why?"

"Me bored, and Bat say he poisonous." "Yeah, he is." Then he asked "Do you want to duel me?" "Yes." "You realize I'm a sorcerer?"

"I fight sorcerer lot back home. Yes."

"What kind?"

"Moldsnouts. So mean! They lose lot." Grayfellow nodded. Rarg asked. "Can duel here?" "It's fine. It's deserted. You're the only one who stays around it." "Why?" "Light. Sound. It's scary for most nether monsters." Rarg nodded.

"Get up."

Grayfellow did, stretching. "Go to the mushroom." He backed up until his back was to a large mushroom tree. Grayfellow did the same, a light smile on his face. He felt a little better now. Rarg hopped, holding a large, nondescript red axe. Grayfellow got out his staff, which was a simple oak one. Rarg laughed. "On three?"

"Yes."

"One."

Grayfellow dropped into a crouch.

"Two."

He concentrated.

"Three!"

Seconds later, he was on his back, seeing stars. The side of his face felt burnt. Grayfellow stared, smoke rising from him. He looked down and realized he looked heavily sunburnt. "How did you-" Rarg twirled. Then came down on him, battle-axe first. He yelped, scrambling out, all form gone. Rarg suddenly froze.

"You ok?"

"What?"

"You ok?"

"No, what did you just-"

"Fight?"

Grayfellow nodded, and the fight was over in minutes. He only managed to get up before Rarg simply leaped onto him and sat him into submission.

"Surrender! Surrender!"

Rarg rolled off, coming up well, and grinned.

A little smoke was rising from the side of his lip.

"What ability was that?"

"Abil..."

"Nevermind."

Rarg clapped. "You good fighter. Nice stance."

Grayfellow nodded, shaky and filled with adrenaline.

"I'm...going to go talk with Eldra. If you'll excuse me?"

Rarg smiled at him, and Grayfellow finally realized what that sense he'd gotten when he'd met Rarg was.

Prophecy.

"Bye."

With that, he turned tail and walked for Eldra's hut.